Cannot login to desktop application on new company issued computer

jeffersonr
jeffersonr
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Windows

I have been issued a new company laptop on which I would like to use the 1Password desktop app. I am able to install the application, fill out my credentials and attempt the login, but I get the error: "We weren't able to sign in to your account. Maybe there's a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again.". I am positive that my credentials are correct, as can use the identical ones to log into the web browser on chrome and it works.

Additional details:

• On my previous company laptop, I am able to run the 1Password desktop app without issue.
  • In a separate (and related issue), the 1Password helper is not running; when i try to log into the chrome application i get the error "Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. Follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us."
  • I am the account manager on a family membership
  • I have a copy of my emergency kit, and I am currently logged in on a few devices
  • I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the application, disabling my VPN.

Looking for any suggestions on a resolution.
Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise

Comments

• DouglasHoogland
    DouglasHoogland
    Community Member

I have exactly the same issue, with my work desktop running Windows 10 Enterprise. Logging into Chrome browser works fine, but fails when trying to login to the desktop app 8.4.1 (which apparently is required).

• Hi @jeffersonr and @DouglasHoogland:

Is it possible your organizations are running some sort of SSL/TLS decryption/inspection on your devices? If this is the case, there are some fixes in our beta and nightly channels which may improve the state of play for you. However, due to the same reason that 1Password is having issues signing in, changing release channels may not be able to download the update. To get the beta update and see if that improves your state of play, it can be downloaded here: https://downloads.1password.com/win/1PasswordSetup-latest.BETA.exe

Let me know how that goes for the both of you! Additionally, I've moved this thread to the 1Password 8 for Windows section. :smile:

Jack

• jeffersonr
    jeffersonr
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, Jack.

Turns out that i had only disabled one layer of my VPN (Zscaler's private access), and that there was a second one for Internet Security. Once i disabled that, i was able to log in. I submitted a request to my company's IT team to have 1password added as an exception to our rule.

@DouglasHoogland maybe my response above will help you.

• Hey @jeffersonr:

Glad to hear that sorted it out for you!

This discussion has been closed.