Store picture and view as picture, not as a jpg or png that needs to be downloaded

I have a 2FA password grid that is 6x6, columns numbered from A-F, rows from 1-6. In each "cell" is a set of letters/numbers (so A1 = df6k; A2 = 8uj0 etc). This grid is used for access to a restricted site...site will ask for a certain number of cells, and I need to enter the respective codes. In order to store this I've put it into 1P...but it saves as a jpg or png and I need to then download it each time I need it, rather than just "viewing" it in its natural state, ie. as a picture, and without downloading. Is there a solution to this, because obvs each time I download it I then need to delete it securely from each device I use.

All current versions of 1P on Edge, Chrome, Mozilla, iOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Ziggy_Stahdust,

At the present, 1Password in your browser and 1Password for iOS do not contain image previews for Document items, so they must first be downloaded locally to your device, as you've found out. If you'd like to view your picture without downloading it, head to the 1Password.com web interface and sign in. Here, you can navigate to the vault containing your .jpg or .png image and view it.

It's very possible our development team will be able to add image previews in the newer 1Password apps and 1Password in your browser for certain popular file types in the future, though I don't have any news or any timeline to share about that.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited January 2022

Hey @Ziggy_Stahdust:

To add on to what Max mentioned above, storing this grid as a Secure Note may also help. Transcribing it into a Secure Note and fencing it in code blocks using backticks (`) like so:

Will result in this being the stored Secure Note with columns and rows neatly lined up:

Let us know that works for you!

Jack

• Ziggy_Stahdust
    Ziggy_Stahdust
    Community Member

@jack.platten ...that would work fine! A little bit of work to set up, but makes the whole process MUCH easier for me. Appreciate that -- thanks!

• On behalf of Jack, you're very welcome. :+1: If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Ziggy_Stahdust
    Ziggy_Stahdust
    Community Member

That works a treat!! Browser lines up fine...it's close, but the "top titles" are a bit off in the iOS version (still quite readable, just the first line ignores the initial spaces and outdents that line).

This discussion has been closed.