"Your system's security settings have changed"

Options

Lately - not sure when this started - I can't use touch ID to unlock 1Password anymore. Instead, the lock screen shows me a message which reads "Your system's security settings have changed. Enter your password to unlock."

I haven't made any such changes, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this message. I can use touch ID elsewhere (unlocking my mac, system preferences, apple pay, etc) - it's definitely isolated to 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.4.0 (80400019)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 12.0 (21A344)

Comments

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

Someone else with a recent post also having issues with TouchID. Wonder if they're related:
    https://1password.community/discussion/124592/confusing-slow-browser-unlock-process-especially-with-touch-id

• mpcsh
    mpcsh
    Community Member
    Options

I have that behavior as well and it's definitely unrelated. This is only in the desktop app. That's an issue with the browser integration (and frankly with the entire UX of 1P8).

• Hey there @mpcsh, I'm really sorry you're running into this issue with 1Password - to get things back up and running, let's continue this conversation over email. Could you send me an email at support+mac@1password.com?

Within that email, could you attach a diagnostics report from 1Password? Here's how to create one:
    1. Open up the 1Password app, click your account name in the top-left corner of the app, and click Preferences from the dropdown menu.
    2. Switch to the Advanced page, and click Send Diagnostics.
    3. Click Reveal to show the diagnostics report in the filesystem. Copy that file, and attach it to your next reply (along with a link to this forum thread).

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

• mpcsh
    mpcsh
    Community Member
    Options

I sent in an email today at 12:29pm PDT but I never received a conversation ID.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mpcsh:

I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: JGY-18124-966

• M0uss
    M0uss
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi. I have the same bug with 1Password 8 for a few months and several pre-releases. I tried several things (reinstalled 1Password 8, erased my fingerprints on macOS Monterey…), but nothing solved my problem. Any update about this issue ?

• Hey @M0uss:

I'm sorry you're running into this issue here. To figure out what could be going wrong, I'd like you to send us a diagnostics report from 1Password:

1. Open up the 1Password app, click your account name in the top-left corner of the app, and click Preferences from the dropdown menu.
    2. Switch to the Advanced page, and click Send Diagnostics.
    3. Click Reveal to show the diagnostics report in the filesystem. Copy that file, and send it to support+forum@1password.com

Include a link to this thread in the email. After sending it, you'll receive a support ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect your post here with your email. Thanks!

Jack

• M0uss
    M0uss
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,

The support by mail solved my issue. I share the solution right here :

1. Quit 1Password. From the menu bar (right-click) select the 1Password icon, and then quit.
    2. Open Keychain access in the Utilities folder.
    3. Type this name into the search box com.1password.core-biometric-unlock
    4. Delete that entry from keychain.
    5. Open 1Password and enable Touch ID if needed.

Thanks !

• Hey @M0uss:

Glad to hear they were able to get you sorted out, and thanks for sharing the solution here! Feel free to get in touch if you run into any issues in the future. :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.