Feature request: Authentication reminder

Options

Hi - Not sure if that pertains to all versions and if it has been addressed already: please add a reminder that changes won't sync until 1PW is authenticated (when 2FA is active).

I am in the process of grooming my entire password collection, and I just spent 2 days trying to figure out why my 1PW8 beta on my main Mac didn't sync to my other devices. I didn't want to loose my changes so I was afraid of quitting 1PW8. I tried to export the information as a backup, but the export process did constantly hang (or it takes more than 1 hour for ~370 entries???). Export as a CVS file worked but has limited data. Eventually, I just quit PW8 and restarted it. I was greeted with the "Entries won't sync until 1PW has been authenticated" (or some such). That's when I remembered that I had deferred authentication until after I had sorted out my authenticator mess... I authenticated, and everything immediately synced across all devices. Yay!

It would be very useful to have a prominent indicator that 1PW hasn't been authenticated, clickable so that one can immediately get to the authentication dialog.

Thanks so much! Cheers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @xvimbi

Thank you for the suggestion. We do have some ideas around this, but haven't yet had a chance to implement them. Hopefully it'll be something we'll be able to include in a future version. :)

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#333

This discussion has been closed.