Comments

• keitht1958
    keitht1958
    Community Member

now because i have both watchtower reports reused passwords

• keitht1958
    keitht1958
    Community Member

got three email accounts and setup in three individual identities and also three email catergories but watchtower complaining reused passwords
    i posted this already but got no replies so asking again

1Password Version: desktop client 8.5.0
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: windows 11 pro x64
    Referrer: forum-search:Made a post about having identities and email category in same vault

• Hi @keitht1958:

Thanks for your message. The Identity item is generally for storing personal information that would be filled into a site when signing up, like an email address or a physical address or phone number, not passwords. For example, here's what Wendy Appleseed's (a fictional example) Identity item looks like:

Wendy's Gmail account username and password is stored in her Gmail item:

Let me know if that makes sense, or if you'd like me to dig into it further with you!

Jack

• keitht1958
    keitht1958
    Community Member

well it seems my original post was incorrect identities do not contain passwords
    but i have 3 emails and 3 logins which use the same login password and google and gmail same login
    so it shows reused passwords. logins contain web link but emails you can only copy address

• Hey @keitht1958:

Thanks for the update. I tend to use the Login category for my email accounts, as I tend to access them through a web interface, or using my credentials in an app.

If you have an email account that doesn't offer webmail, and instead requires you to use a dedicated email client and configure settings manually, a new item created in the Email Account category will have room for various IMAP/SMTP settings you would need to configure your email client.

Jack

• keitht1958
    keitht1958
    Community Member

yeah i have email settings in email category but but webmail and email client use same username and password so should i remove duplicate password in email category

This discussion has been closed.