• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback as well @bnw, I will add you to the list :+1:

• vprelovac
    vprelovac
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

We are seeing an unprecedented demand for whitelisting Orion from paying customers that has not been answered for months now.

Can the company provide official timeline for this flag to be enabled and comment on what is preventing it from being done sooner?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2021

@vprelovac:

Can the company provide official timeline for this flag to be enabled and comment on what is preventing it from being done sooner?

There is currently no official timeline. Other features have been prioritized by the development and product teams, and unfortunately Orion support has not made that list yet.

• kishanpatel
    kishanpatel
    Community Member

I'd like to voice my support in whitelisting Orion.

I don't think it's asking too much to whitelist. All other extensions just work with Orion. Hoping for support by early January please.

• sbnietert
    sbnietert
    Community Member

I'd like to add my support as well. Orion is otherwise an outstanding browser, and I am contemplating leaving 1password because of this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Noted, thank you both for the feedback as well!

• neilio
    neilio
    Community Member

Another vote for Orion support. I find it ironic that 1Password willingly adopts a browser engine to render its UI (thus turning it into a "3rd party browser" by definition) but will not add support for other apps that do the same.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @neilio, I have added you to the list too :+1:

• cornedor
    cornedor
    Community Member

I'd like to add my support as well. I think it is great that the team behind Orion is not building another Chromium based browser, and thus adding a little bit more competition in the browser world.

• miles.parker
    miles.parker
    1Password Alumni

I've added your request for the developers @bnw

• vprelovac
    vprelovac
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

@miles.parker This is by far the most requested feature in the forum. How many more customers would need to request this before action is taken?

• kevinsjoberg
    kevinsjoberg
    Community Member

I'd like to add my support as well. I've been using Orion for quite some time now and the only thing stopping me from using it as a daily driver is 1Password support.

• Hey @vprelovac:

While it's absolutely true that customer feedback we see for any given feature request (like for example adding Orion browser support) is an important factor in determining our priorities, it isn't true to say that our development schedule and timeline is based on whatever is currently receiving the highest number of votes.

@kevinsjoberg:

Added your input to the issue as well.

Thanks!

Jack

• RebeccaL
    RebeccaL
    Community Member

Hello, I'd like to add a vote for Orion browser support for two main reasons. First, I'm incredibly happy to see someone developing for Mac and challenging the Chromium monopoly :)

Second, as a longtime 1Password user I can't overstate my respect for what this team has achieved. Your product literally helps users safeguard a lifetime's worth of assets, and that shows true excellence in risk management. I wouldn't want to minimize the scope of this request. But I'd also ask that the 1P team think about giving a hand to an ambitious new project. We were all startups once, and it's worth the extra mile for quality efforts such as 1Password and Orion. Thanks for considering!

• crack_squirrels
    crack_squirrels
    Community Member

Just trying out Orion, seems absolutely amazing! Having to copy paste passwords however is very annoying, so also hoping that 1Password adds support for it.

• Harwell
    Harwell
    Community Member

Hey would also love to throw In my support for Orion!

• Hey @RebeccaL:

Thank you very much for your kind words about what we've accomplished! I've added your feedback to the issue above. :smile:

Hi @crack_squirrels / @Harwell:

I've added both of you as well :+1:

Jack

• trkn
    trkn
    Community Member

I would like to join this and would be very happy to see Orion support in the future.

• @trkn Thank you for writing in, I've added your post to the feature request item as well. :)

• dmacewen
    dmacewen
    Community Member

I would also love to see 1password support for Orion. Thanks!

• Hey @dmacewen:

Thanks for your feedback, I've added your post as well! :smile:

• bspachman
    bspachman
    Community Member

Seems that Orion has opened up to a new group of users who signed up for their beta--I'm now in with Orion, but as everyone states above, 1P (either 'in the browser' or '1PMini') seems to be functioning cleanly. Crossing my fingers for some progress on this as we move into February....

Thanks!

• petermm
    petermm
    Community Member

+1 to this. I've only now received my invite (something on their end, I've requested it quite a while ago), and while in it's early stages, it restores much needed functionality that's missing in safari, and I have high hopes for it. Please make it work with 1password

• mwean
    mwean
    Community Member

Another vote for Orion support

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bspachman @petermm @mwean Appreciate you all reaching out, I have added you all to the request. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• preshit
    preshit
    Community Member

Please add my vote to this as well. It's generally good for everyone involved if there's a new WebKit based browser on the scene that's trying to do a bunch of things better than Safari. 1Password really shouldn't alienate it for so long.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@preshit Added! Thank you so much for your feedback.

• pingiun
    pingiun
    Community Member

I also use the Orion browser and it's really annoying that 1password is not working properly

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@pingiun I definitely understand where you're coming from. I'll add you to the feature request as well. Thanks for your feedback!

• shandy8
    shandy8
    Community Member

Adding +1 for Orion support. It's a great browser, and 1Password is now the single missing ingredient.