Why will my username and password not load on a particular website?

Options
jazzman
jazzman
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I just added a new website to my 1Password this afternoon, but it will not load the username and password when I hit the little circle that does that nor will it do so when I hit command backslash. I have to copy and paste the username and pw on this one to log in. How can I correct this so the username and pw will load correctly?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 7.9.2
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazzman:

Please share the full URL to this website so we can test it here too. Thank you!

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

Here you go:
    https://connectcloud.cummins.com

This is where my 1Pass goes when I initially try to access the website.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazzman:

Thank you! I was able to fill both username and password on the login form using these instructions:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Can you give that a try and see if it works for you too?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

I followed your instructions to the letter several times. It still does not work. I'm getting the following message when I try to log in to the site: "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." So far it only works when I copy and paste the username and pw. I'm using Safari and Catalina 10.15.7.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to save it and then log in, the above is what I get. I've tried it many different ways to no avail. I definitely used your instructions to the letter multiple times. I keep getting the same results. Frustrating.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

I've continued to try to work with this to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something in the first few steps of setup. Maybe you could walk me through the first few steps? When I get to the login page, 1Pass is not recognizing this site. Therefore, it doesn't give you the username and password.

• ag_chantelle
    edited January 2022
    Options

@jazzman

I wonder if, perhaps, you have the item set to not display in your browser, or have some vaults excluded from view. Let's verify:

To verify that the item will show in your browser:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Locate your cummins.com Login and choose Edit.
    3. Under display, make sure it is set to "Suggest in browser**.

To verify all your vaults are included in your browser view:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click the 1Password menu and choose Preferences.
    3. Under the Vaults tab, make sure all your vaults are selected under Show in All Vaults.

Are you able to see the item, after verifying both of the conditions above are met?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle

Thanks for reaching out. My settings are correct. When I try to log in to cummins.com in Safari by clicking on the 1Pass symbol, a message appears saying "no items to show". I don't understand it.

• @jazzman

Do you have more than one vault? The screenshot shows a Primary vault. Perhaps you have others? It looks as if you are working from the menu bar. If so, click the vault icon beside the search Primary text and set it to All Vaults.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

That was probably before I upgraded to a membership. You can disregard that old screenshot. I just have one vault called “Personal” now. Even when I try to access the website now through Safari, I get the “no items to show” message.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2022
    Options

@jazzman

That sure is odd behavior. I am unable to replicate that. Could I ask you to check the login and make sure it contains the actual needed login URL after the re-direct from the main page of https://connectcloud.cummins.com/ ? I show that it should be the following which works on my end. The only difference is I am on 12.1, and I am also using 7.9.2 and Safari. Regrettably, I am unable to test on an earlier version of Safari at this very moment.

https://powercommand.b2clogin.com * You can optionally add both to your login.

edit: Replaced with image from v7. I had originally included one from v8

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

It’s does contain the correct login URL after the redirect. I just get one of two error messages, and 1 Pass will not load the username and password.

I also have a question about security on iOS devices. If you’re using 1Pass with Safari, is the only protection you have the six number security code for your device? If you’re using the app, it’s secure when you close the app because it requires the password or facial/touch recognition to get back in. That seems safer to me than the browser method. Am I missing something here?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Disregard the security question. I figured it out. Sorry.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazzman It is strange that 1Password does not recognize the page. Let's try quitting the extension and browser. Then let's restart both to see if that helps.

Please try the following:

1. Quit 1Password completely:
        * Open 1Password.
        * Right-click the 1Password icon in the top menu bar and select Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Quit your browser:
        * Open your browser.
        * Click the name of your browser in the menu bar and choose Quit.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and see if the issue is resolved.

If you're still unable to fill the login, could you click on the 1Password icon in your browser and do a search for the login to see if it appears? If so, can you take a screenshot of that for us? Additionally, could you take a screenshot of the error messages that you had previously mentioned you saw?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P

I did what you said, and the issue is not resolved. I'm ready to move on from this one. I appreciate your assistance.

• @jazzman

I'd hate for us to throw in the towel when this is, seemingly, a simple issue to solve. If you search for the item in your vault (from the desktop app), is it listed there? What vault is it saved to? If you go to Preferences > Vaults > Include in All Vaults, is the vault where the item is saved to selected, like this?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P

Joy, I only have one vault called personal. When I search for the item, it is listed.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazzman Thanks for letting us know. Could you take a screenshot of the item and share that with us? You can blur out your username and password (as well as anything sensitive), but I'd like to get eyes on the item to see if there's something that we're missing. Things don't quite add up.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P

I've got a JPEG ready for you, but how do you blot out the sensitive stuff?

• @jazzman

We can use the Preview app in Mac to blue images. Here's a guide I found helpful: Blur photos in Preview on Mac – Software Review RT

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

@Joy_1P

Sorry this took so long. Busy day.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@kevin.li

Thanks for the assist. Image posted.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazzman Thanks for sharing that! It looks like your login is missing the sign-in URL that https://connectcloud.cummins.com/ redirects to: https://powercommand.b2clogin.com. Could you open the 1Password app, search for the login there, click to edit it, and add https://powercommand.b2clogin.com as an additional website?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P

Joy, you have solved the problem. That last step did it. I can't thank you enough. You deserve an award for this or maybe more money. I have a couple of other sites that are like this as well. Maybe the solution is the same....that additional website. Thank you so much for your persistence in this matter. I appreciate everyone's assistance in helping me transition to a membership. You have all made it worthwhile and not as difficult as I thought. I am thoroughly enjoying using 1Pass through my browser now, and that was something I was dreading. Yet it is so easy. Thanks to you, Joy, and all the other team members as well. :)

• @jazzman

On behalf of Joy, you are most welcome! :smile:

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.