Can't download updates

I am new. I have an old version demo of 1Password on my Mac Pro, Version 3.5.4 (build 30852) and I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8
I thought I'd get my act together and buy a license and take my passwords by the scruff of the neck.
However, when I tried to update, it downloaded and then said there'd been an error, offering me a retry. Several times not luck

I don't remember whether I got the program from iTunes or your website or CNET or where, sorry

Should I just delete the program and start again?
Thanks
B

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Blackcurrant! The version you have installed is so old that it cannot update to the latest version. We've made some improvements to the autoupdater since then which break compatibility with a version from over a year and a half ago. (There have actually been 38 versions of 1Password released since then.)

As you mention, the easiest thing to do is just download the current version from our website.

1. Visit the 1Password download page:
    http://agilebits.com/downloads
    2. Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"
    3. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running
    4. Drag the newly downloaded version of 1Password to the same location as any previous one -- replacing it

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.