1P doesn't recognize my son's master password

Options
MatthiasRegl
MatthiasRegl
Community Member

Hi,

I just added my son to my family and we confirmed everything we needed to confirm, but after scanning his invitation code and filling in his master password it is said to be invalid.

What can we do?

Cheers,
Matthias

1Password Version: 7 (latest version)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 15.2

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

filling in his master password it is said to be invalid.

Are you saying that you got an error when he created his master password? This happened to me when I switched to Family from an older licensed version. My old master password was not long enough for the newer Family version. Or are you saying that it let him enter a new master password, then later he could not log in with it?

• Hey @MatthiasRegl:

As @ajahn mentioned (thanks for the assist! :smile:), is your son running into issues picking his account password, or having trouble adding his account to the 1Password apps? Let me know and I'll be able to dig in further with you!

Jack

• MatthiasRegl
    MatthiasRegl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

and yes, he has trouble picking his account password. Mine doesn't work either.

Cheers,
    Matthias

• Hi @MatthiasRegl:

Thanks for following up. Since it seems like we might need to take a look at specifics of your 1Password account now, emailing in to discuss this would probably be the best bet to protect your privacy and security. Please email support@1password.com with a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/126305/1p-doesnt-recognize-my-sons-master-password#latest.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email message. Thanks!

Jack

• MatthiasRegl
    MatthiasRegl
    Community Member
    Options

[#VEL-99768-945]

• Perfect, thanks @MatthiasRegl!

I've located your ticket, so please keep an eye out for our reply.

Jack

ref: VEL-99768-945

This discussion has been closed.