Watch unlock of Mac insn't working.

Options
ShawnLevasseur
ShawnLevasseur
Community Member

Watch unlock is no longer working on one of my computers.

On my desktop computer, I can't unlock 1Password through my watch. It half works in that when it comes time for the watch to authenticate with 1Password, I get the haptic click-click, and a split second on the watch's screen of the request to double click the side button, but that alert disappears quickly thereafter, before I can move my hand from the keyboard to the watch button.

It used to work beautifully. It still does work with my laptop.

Details on hardware:
Apple Watch series 7 (45mm) recently upgraded from a series 4, so that may play into matters. running WatchOS version 8.3
Desktop: iMac Pro, running MacOS Big Sur (version 11.6.1), intel proccessor (3.2GHz 8-core Xeon W)
(note the laptop where it is still working is a Macbook Air, Apple Silicon M1 processor, with the latest version of MacOS Monterey)

Version of 1Password: 7.9.2 (Mac App Store version)

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1, WatchOS 8.3

Comments

• Hello @ShawnLevasseur! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that Apple Watch unlock for 1Password isn't working properly on your iMac Pro. Can you try the following to see if it helps:

1. Restart your Apple Watch.
    2. Turn off Apple Watch unlock on your iMac Pro.
    3. Restart your iMac Pro.
    4. Turn on Apple Watch unlock on your iMac Pro.

You can find instructions on how to turn Apple Watch unlock off and then back on here: Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps. :)

• ShawnLevasseur
    ShawnLevasseur
    Community Member
    Options

I'd done all of that and it still didn't work.

I ended up biting the bullet on upgrading the computer to MacOS 12.1 Monterey, and the watch unlocking worked again.

• Hey @ShawnLevasseur:

Glad to hear updating to Monterey got you sorted out. Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future! :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.