iOS app login with 1password always requires master password

jprokos2
jprokos2
Community Member
edited January 2022 in iOS

1password.app has been unlocked, but when I open an app on iOS and choose 1Password to fill in login credentials, I am presented with a locked 1Password screen. How to prevent this?

Comments

• Hi @jprokos2:

If you're having trouble using Touch ID or Face ID using AutoFill, have you recently unlocked the main 1Password app? For details, see here: If you can't use Touch ID or Face ID with AutoFill

Let me know if that helps, or if you're still running into trouble!

Jack

• jprokos2
    jprokos2
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Hi @jack.platten

Yes, 1Password has been unlocked with FaceID, and I can access it without having to enter a passcode of any kind ( I set this in settings). However, when I attempt to use a password from 1Password while inside another iOS app, a lock screen shows up asking me for the master password.

I assumed that once the vault had been opened with FaceID that it would be accessible without having to enter the master password again. This is the case for opening 1Password, but not other apps using the 1Password menu from within those apps.

• @jprokos2 Thank you for the reply. You'll need to first unlock the main 1Password app from the home screen using your account password and then Face ID will be available when you invoke 1Password from inside another app. :)

• jprokos2
    jprokos2
    Community Member

@Dave_1P No disrespect but I’ve already said twice that that’s exactly what I’m doing and I’m still seeing this behavior

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2022

@jprokos2 I apologize for the misunderstanding. Can you tell me what the Require Master Password setting is set to on your device? You can find it here:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Tap on Advanced.
    4. Tap on Security.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• jprokos2
    jprokos2
    Community Member

After Device Restart

• @jprokos2 Thank you for the reply. That's quite strange. Can you restart your device, open and unlock the main 1Password app again using your account password, and then try to use Password AutoFill to fill in another app?

If, after trying these steps, Face ID still doesn't work when using Password AutoFill then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• jprokos2
    jprokos2
    Community Member

I didn't read the fine print. Apparently whenever face ID fails - even when using after restart ( which it does all of the time now when wearing face masks) 1Password will require me to re-enter my username and password.

• @jprokos2

That's correct, if Face ID authentication fails then you'll need to enter your account password again. Let me know if there is anything else that I can help with. :)

This discussion has been closed.