How to prevent override of passwords during sync?

alechko
alechko
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Android

Hi, I have 1password installed on an older android which I don't use often. Today, when trying to use it, I've tried to login into an app using the 1password for android (7.72) that was installed there and I've noticed that the saved login was incorrect, it was an old password and I've changed ti on another device some time ago.

So I've hit "sync" to pull the latest updated passwords but the password remained the old one.
I've opened my 1password on my main computer and I've noticed that the password was now overridden by the old android and I could no longer login anywhere...

I've reset the password for this site/app, but for the future I'd like to avoid that from happening again.
Should I not use "sync" function to pull latest passwords?
Is there something else I should do?

1Password Version: 7.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @alechko thanks for reaching out to us.

When you sync, the most up to date information should be synced, not older passwords. I suspect 1Password 7.7.2 may be the culprit here. We fixed some sync issues in 7.7.3 and the most up to date version is 7.9.1 which includes this fix as well as lots of new features and improvements.

You can navigate to the 1Password page in Google Play and tap "Update" to update to the latest version.

If you find syncing your Android device changed other passwords you can sign in to your account on the 1Password website to find the password history. Click Home, select a vault and then the effected item. From there you can click Show Previously Used Passwords to see the item's password history and make any necessary changes.

• alechko
    alechko
    Community Member

Hi @ag_timothy , thank you for the response!

Like I said, this android is not used on a daily basis so most of the time it's offline and the apps not auto-updating. I will update the app manually.

Thank you for the item history tip, that's what I was looking for on my mac / iphone but could not find, good to know that it's available in the web!

• Hello @alechko thanks for following up! I'm happy I could be of assistance.

This discussion has been closed.