iOS app keeps asking for master password

John Kotarski
John Kotarski
Community Member

I got a new phone recently. Despite having FaceID setup properly and activated on 1password for iOS (7.9.3), the app asks me for my Master Password every time I need a stored password. I never even see the FaceID button beneath the master password field.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1

Comments

• Hi @John Kotarski:

I hope you're enjoying your new phone! :smile: Generally when this happens, 1Password for iOS hasn't been unlocked directly yet. If you open 1Password for iOS and unlock it, and then use AutoFill again, are you able to use Face ID? Let me know!

Jack

• John Kotarski
    John Kotarski
    Community Member

Yes, I have unlocked it several times. When it locks again, even though FaceID is enabled in Settings > Security, it still requires me to manually type in the master password and doesn't offer FaceID to unlock. This rarely if ever happened with my old phone.

• @John Kotarski: I'm sorry that you're still running into issues with Face ID. Can you try the following steps:

1. Restart your iPhone.
    2. Open the main 1Password app from your home screen (not from inside another app) and unlock it using your account password.
    3. Switch to another app.
    4. Switch back to 1Password.

Are you now able to use Face ID to unlock the 1Password app? :)

This discussion has been closed.