Unable to unlock/sign in in latest 1Password 8 beta for macOS

On one of my computers, I noticed that the account was no longer syncing or getting updates from my other devices. In an attempt to "shake something loose" I signed out of 1Password account, and tried to re-sign in. I got an error, as if I didn't have the right password, but tried over and over, even removed the config and re-added it: no go.

I installed 1Password 7 again, it signs in and unlocks no problem. Go back to 8 beta? no go.

1Password Version: 8.5.0-46BETA
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.2 Beta (21D5025f)

Comments

• stacecom
    stacecom
    Community Member

I'm having this exact same issue. It was preceded by the desktop version not syncing/updating new passwords as well. In an attempt to force a refresh, I quit, restarted, and now it won't login. I've gone back to 1Password 7 on that computer.

I jumped into the beta right away since I figured I'd best get used to the new paradigm, but holy cow moving back to 7 reminded me how great and snappy this app used to be.

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member

No word from official sources? Works on my iMac but broken on my MacBook Pro.

• Hi @stacecom and @instanttim:

Apologies for the delay as we come back from our holidays!

This is something that we're investigating. To figure out what could be going on, I'd like to ask each of you to create a diagnostics report for 1Password 8 from your Mac. First reinstall 1Password 8 and attempt to add your account again, then follow these steps:

• In the menu bar, choose 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics
    • Attach the resulting .1pdiagnostics file in your Downloads folder to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email, please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/126147/unable-to-unlock-sign-in-in-latest-1password-8-beta-for-macos#latest
    • Your username.

You should receive an automated reply from BitBot with a Support ID number that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post that here. Thanks!

Jack

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member

Thanks Jack. My Support ID is [#ZHA-66434-144]

• Hey @instanttim:

Thanks for sending it in. I was able to locate your message to us. We'll take a look and get back with you via email. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: ZHA-66434-144

• @instanttim

I have replied to you via email.

• Lazarus Long
    Lazarus Long
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Same here... 1Password stopped syncing on my Mac. Said it was disconnected (when I tried to look at Recently Deleted). so I logged out and now can't login. Please help!!!

I sent you the diagnostics as requested.

My support ID is #UPN-11891-413

• Hi @Lazarus Long:

I've taken a look at your email and replied to you there. Thanks for sending in your diagnostics!

Jack

ref: UPN-11891-413

This discussion has been closed.