How do I control Default Vault?

Options
Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member

My wife and I have 1PW on our various Apple devices - 2 Macs, 2 iPhones & 4 iPads. We do not use the Personal Vaults that 1PW Families has. Rather we use a Shared Vault. I really want to system to only use the Shared Vault unless I make an effort to change the vault used. Most of the time this works for opening and use 1PW. But when I create a new Login the system almost invariably puts the new Login in my Personal Vault. I have tried to delete the Personal Vault as a way to stop new Logins not appearing in our Shared Vault. No Happiness. How to I force new Logins to be placed in our Shared Vault?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:Vault Mangement

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Gordon101

The setting in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults called "vault for saving" may help:

Please let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    Options

Oddly that is the vault I had selected. I did change to another vault and returned the setting to my preferred vault. We will see how it goes.

At least now I know where to look. Thanks

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    Options

Ben today I created a new login and again the item appeared in my Personal Vault. My wife also created a login with the same 1PW settings on her computer (both have same iMac, both same version of MacOS) and her login went directly to the Shared Vault. I have attached a screen shot which shows my settings and that you looking at the Personal Vault. What do you suggest?

• Ben
    Options

@Gordon101

Could you please let me know which browser you're using and which version of the 1Password extension you're using in that browser when this happens?

Ben

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

1PW FireFox Extension 2.2.1 updated Januar 12, 2022.
    FireFox 96.0 64 bit
    1Password 7
    Version 7.9.2 (70902005)
    1Password Store

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha; thanks for that. That extension has its own setting for this:

These settings are available by right clicking on the extension's icon in Firefox's toolbar and selecting Settings. Please let me know if that resolves the problem.

Ben

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7
    Version 7.9.2 (70902005)
    1Password Store

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Gordon101

Just checking if you saw my reply here, and if that helped any?

Thanks!

Ben

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    Options

Yes all is good. Ben you personally have helped me a lot over the years. I do appreciate it.

• Ben
    Options

So glad to hear it @Gordon101. ❤️

Ben

This discussion has been closed.