Autofill of street with/without house number

Tertius3
Tertius3
Community Member

If I want to enter my name and address to some web form, 1Password offers me to autofill with my identity entry. In general, this works fine.
With one issue: many websites have separate fields for street name and house number. 1Password never recognizes this. It always fills street name and house number both into the street name field. The house number field always stays empty.

If 1Password is supposed to handle 2 separate fields, it doesn't do this for me. My house number is a number like 12-14, that means it's not a pure number but has a hyphen in it.

In the 1Password editor of my identity entry, in the "Address" field I entered my address like this:

My Street Name 12-14
City name
Germany

1Password Version: 80500071, im Kanal „NIGHTLY“
Extension Version: Chrome, Version 2.2.0
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey there @tertius3, sorry about the difficulty there! I'll admit that I haven't personally come across a website that has a separate field for the house number - could you send me an example or two? I'll take a few swings at it to see if I can convince the 1Password extension to fill in a house number, and if not we can file something for the Development team to look into. :smile: Thanks!

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

For example here:
    https://dslshop.vodafone.de/eshop/business/enterprise-locator/index.html
    https://www.telekom.de/netz/dsl-vdsl-lte-verfuegbarkeit

To find more of these websites, google for "deutschland dsl verfügbarkeit" and you find a huge number of such forms.
    In addition, most of these websites who check the availability of broadband internet in Germany ask the data in a very restricted way, so you aren't able to enter an address that doesn't exist in their databases. I bet it's a chore to make 1Password autofill these. However, the first url above is freeform without such javascript-supported input check.

• Hey @Tertius3:

Thanks for your example. There is an issue to improve this in the future, so I've added your input as well.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11767

• JuliusH
    JuliusH
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P
    I would like to re-emphathize the issue drawn up ny @Tertius3
    It might not be of importance for you guys in the US/Canada but here in Europe a separate field for house numbers a very common. It would be such a time saver if 1P could detect these fields and fill them in appropriately.
    Thanks for considering!
    Julius

• Hi @JuliusH, we appreciate the emphasis! Hearing from you is how we can best "weight" issues, so we appreciate you letting us know that this is a priority. I have added your comment and a vote on behalf for this. Again, thank you.

• JuliusH
    JuliusH
    Community Member
  • Thanks @JuliusH

I've passed along that example.

• kyoshi33
    kyoshi33
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Another example: https://www.gamestar.de/kalender/xmas2022,10/ (This one actually behaves even more oddly)

In Germany (probably all of Europe) this is really common, so I'd like to add on the emphasis here. It's really annoying to have a tool at hand that actually fills in the data for you, but does it wrong in 4 of 5 cases...

• steffenklein
    steffenklein
    Community Member

Hey,
    I came here to ask exactly the same question. Here in Germany, every website has separate fields for street and house numbers. This means I must correct this every time I use the autofill feature. It would be great if you could implement two separate fields. Thanks a lot! Steffen

This discussion has been closed.