Defaults to main Collection on restart

2»

Comments

• @krusnof a good question! My understanding is that the issue was resolved for a majority of users through this update, but there's still a subset for which the issue persists. So we're working away on that and you can expect further improvements from here. 👍

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

So it's actually not fully fixed—misleading then.

• @krusnof

I think there were two separate issues here: one related to Quick Access, and a separate one related to the main app. It appears the one related to Quick Access was resolved, but may've still been compounded by the other. In reviewing the issues it appears the one relating to the main app had code merged with the hopes of fixing it today. 🤞🏻 If you're not running the nightly build I'd suggest giving it a try over the next few days, and hopefully once that code makes it into the nightly you'll see all of this sorted out. Please let me know.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#12068

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

But it's NOT resolved for me in the QA part—not main app. Been running nightly since the beginning...

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

I've been saying the same thing since November of 2021...

• Hey @krusnof and all,

Our developers have released a fix for the main 1Password app allowing it to re-open the last used collection on unlock. I am running the nightly and can confirm: 80500095 has this fix.

Let us know if this update fixes everything for you or if you are still having trouble.

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Thanks @Joshua_ag, I'll test and report back if issues.

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Okay, found a bug still... It has the correct collection selected, but UI wise it's not correct. See screenshot. Should be daily and the icon matches—but the checkmark is on All Accounts...! Also, pleeeeeeease let us select custom icon for the collections.

• @krusnof

It looks like your post came through without the screenshot. Could you please try again?

Ben

P.S. I too would very much like to be able to specify the icon to be used by each collection. I don't know of any definite plans in that regard but hopefully it is something the design team will think on for the future.

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

First state (correct icon, wrong selection), second state (I select right collection, icon remains the same), third state (to show what all collection looks like)

• Hey @krusnof:

Thanks for your screenshot. I was able to replicate this as well, and I've added you to the internal issue we have tracking this. Keep an eye out for updates, and hopefully we should have it smoothed out soon! :smile:

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12089

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

80500099 is now back to having the original issue. Wrong collections but at least the correct icon (All Accounts).

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

and pleeeeease make the QA window able to be centered! Preferably by 1PW itself but also Rectangle.app/Magnet.app/etc

• Hi @krusnof,

We are working on these things. For Quick Access and it not being centred we are tracking that internally, hopefully our developers will find a solution soon.

You said:

80500099 is now back to having the original issue. Wrong collections but at least the correct icon (All Accounts).

Can you specify exactly what "original issue" I am running 80500101 and I can reproduce the issue Jack mentioned with the wrong selection being shown in the dropdown, even though the correct collection was selecte when opening Quick Access (it said that All Account was selected but my last selected collections icon was shown and was the actual collection selected).

ref: dev/core/core#10717

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

And we're back again on v8.8.0 (80800183) going back to all vaults as default after restart/upgrade.

• Hi @krusnof

I haven't been able to reproduce this with the latest builds. I just upgraded from 80800190 to 80800191 and the collection I had selected remained selected post-upgrade. I also tried completely quitting and relaunching 1Password with the same results. Can you please provide steps to reproduce if you're still having the problem?

Ben

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

okay, but I don't have access to 80800190 or 80800191, and it's the case for me on 80800183... reproduce: as said "restart". the OS.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@Ben
    There is another discussion for this behavior. @ag_mike_d updated the original issue.
    https://1password.community/discussion/131330/bug-report-app-does-not-always-remember-the-previously-selected-vault-collection

I'm not able to reproduce it. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Strange thing. 🤔

• Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.