Export Data Problem

allawrence
allawrence
Community Member

I am trying to export data but am not seeing an export option..
Here are the steps I am taking:

Right-click the Windows desktop icon
Choose "Open 1Password app"
Right-click "Logins" and the usual drop down, which contains "Export" option, does NOT display. Nothing displays.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, up-to-date

Comments

• Hey @allawrence:

I'd be happy to get you sorted out with exporting your data from 1Password.

If you're using 1Password 7, follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Select the items you want to export. Select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking on them. Select all the items by pressing Ctrl + A after clicking one of the items in the list.
    3. Right-click the selected item(s) and choose Export.
    4. Choose a format:
      • Comma Delimited Text (.csv) to move data to a different app.
      • Plain Text (.txt) for a readable list of your items.
    5. Enter a filename and click Save.

Let me know how you get on with that, or if you're still running into issues along the way!

Jack

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

Hi...
    I am using 1P 7
    Step 3 is the problem. I select Categories | Logins and right-click the item but a list of 'options', containing 'export' is displayed.

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

Correction!!

Step 3 is the problem. I select Categories | Logins and right-click the item but a list of 'options', containing 'export' is NOT displayed.

• Hey @allawrence:

Thanks for confirming where you're running into issues.

Using this screenshot's numbered labels as reference, are you right clicking on 1, or 2? If you're right clicking on 1, right click on 2 instead to open the right-click menu for a Login item, then click 3 to select all Login items. After all Login items have been selected, follow steps 3-5 from above:

1. Right-click the selected item(s) and choose Export.
    2. Choose a format:
      • Comma Delimited Text (.csv) to move data to a different app.
      • Plain Text (.txt) for a readable list of your items.
    3. Enter a filename and click Save.

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

Clicking on #1

Following your steps it works, albeit just a workaround, in that I was able to export by just right-clicking on #1 PRIOR to the latest update to Windows 1P7

• Glad to hear you got it sorted @allawrence.

Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future! :smile:

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

It's still broken...

• Hey @allawrence, I'm sorry to hear you're still running into issues with exporting. Is there a specific step that isn't working for you?

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

I have accomplished what I wanted to accomplish... but with a "work around".
    Perhaps you can ask Jack.Platten why he appears to have closed the problem rather than pursuing the fix for the "work around".

• Hi @allawrence:

Thanks for following up on this. I've done some investigating of both 1Password 7 and 1Password 4 to make sure we're all on the same page here.

Neither version of 1Password has ever offered an export when right clicking the category type (in other words, label 1 from my above screenshot). There is no context menu on right click of a category type in either version. Exporting in 1Password 7 has always been performed by using the steps I provided above by selecting the items in the item list, rather than the category type. Exporting items in 1Password 4 would have been performed by using the File > Export menu.

Jack

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

I guess I am having a serious memory problem...
    I will take your word and move on.

Thanks

Al

• Hey @allawrence:

It's totally okay! :smile: Happens to the best of us! If you need anything in the future, be sure to get in touch.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.