Single Sign On

I not infrequently use SSO options for creating new accounts (e.g., Sign in with Apple), and save these in 1P as well. It would be nice to have a standardized way to store these. Right now I just write "sign in with Apple" or "Facebook login" in the username field. It works, but it's ugly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rpallred!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#199

• Hi!

Another suggestion I've seen is using nested tags to identify which SSO provider a site is using, For example, I know that this Airbnb test account is using Google sign in, and I can put all of my SSO tags into one nested tag:

Cheers!

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member

using nested tags to identify which SSO provider a site is using

Thanks @jack.platten! I'll try that out in the meantime.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good :+1: :)

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member

Going to bump this again. Just added some new SSO entries via the iPhone app. They have no password at all, but are getting flagged by Watchtower as having an exposed password:

Older items saved the same way, do not have this flag:

• Hi @rpallred

How are you saving items using 1Password for iOS without a password? I just tried and the 'save' button is unavailable until I enter something in the password field.

Ben

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member

I put something random in the password field so it will save, then go back in and delete the password and re-save.

• @rpallred

That's pretty clever 😁But I could also see why it wouldn't work the way you're intending. What about just leaving the random password? The username field appears to be the indicator for you that you use SSO for the login.

Ben

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member

@ben, I just prefer a cleaner look--I would still love a specific SSO option...

• @rpallred

Okay. Because you asked nicely:

A vision of the future with 1Password

A work in progress. 😁

Ben

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member

@Ben

A vision of the future with 1Password

😍

• 😍 indeed. Now we just have to build it all. πŸ˜… πŸ™‚

Ben

• Goldgamer
    Goldgamer
    Community Member

This looks so great! Thanks Ben and Good work with the concept :) kudos to you

• I can't take the credit, but I'm glad to hear you like it! πŸ˜ƒ

Ben

This discussion has been closed.