To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Question re Subscriptions

soundog
soundog
Community Member

Goal: easily share a single 1password vault with wife (each of us own an iPhone and Macbook; each of us has a separate iCloud account).

Currently: I own a V7 licensed copy, and no subscription. We have been sharing via WLAN, Dropbox, etc.

Question: with an annual $36 subscription, can we easily share and sync a single vault across the 4 devices mentioned above? Is the vault shared on a 1Password account in the cloud? Or?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @soundog:

Great question! Just to clarify, what you're suggesting is definitely possible, but does mean that both you and your wife would share all your account password and Secret Key. If you share 100% of your information with your wife and vice versa, and don't mind them having the ability to change or delete it at will, then this might be an option for you. It's essentially sharing an Individual account.

What you sacrifice with this approach however is any data privacy. Not that you would want to keep secrets from your spouse, necessarily, but even in the most trusting marriages, most people each have a Google account, and a Facebook account, and many separate sign-ins for other services. When you go to fill a Login into a sign-in page, you'd have to make sure to distinguish your sign-in from your spouse's, and even then you could accidentally click theirs and be signed in as them on Facebook, or Google, or similar. With a 1Password Families account, each person has a Private vault for unique sign-ins like email accounts, etc, and there is also a Shared vault for things like a family Netflix password, where you both use the same Login when signing into that service.

Additionally, as you mentioned having purchased a license, I'd also like to let you know that we do have a trade-in deal where you can pick one of two options when switching to a 1Password membership:

• Trade in your license and receive 50% off the next 3 years.
    • If you'd rather choose exactly when and how you pay, purchase a $99 USD gift card and receive $150 USD of credit, allowing you to use 1Password for over 3 years.

If you'd like to get in touch with our Migration team, as they can best go over any options that would be available for you and your wife, they can be reached at support+tradein@1password.com.

Jack

• And just to add on, it is absolutely right that when using a 1Password membership, all of your data is synced across all your devices using our 1Password.com sync service, rather than WLAN or Dropbox. :smile:

• soundog
    soundog
    Community Member

Thanks, Jack. That is exactly the info I needed, and I appreciate your thorough answer. Sounds like a good path forward for us!

• You're very welcome @soundog!

As I mentioned, if you'd like to discuss getting the discount with your license, emailing support+tradein@1password.com would be your best bet. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. If you post that here, I can link your conversation here with your email conversation, and my colleagues in the Migration team can get you all set up with a 1Password account. :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.