1P menu bar icon is not showing on my MBP.

JaTo
JaTo
Community Member

Hi,
the 1P menu bar icon is not showing on my MBP. The setting is activated and I tried turning it off and on again. I also restarted my MBP.
Any ideas?
Jan

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:menu bar icon

Comments

• Hello @JaTo! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that the 1Password menubar icon is missing on your Mac. Can you please check the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password 7 next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Preferences.
    4. Click on General.
    5. Make sure that "Show 1Password in the menubar" is checked.
    6. Click on Browsers.
    7. Make sure that "Always keep 1Password Extension helper running" is checked.

Then restart your Mac. Let me know if that helps. :)

• JaTo
    JaTo
    Community Member

Hello Dave,

both options were already checked.
    Still the same problem.

Jan

• JaTo
    JaTo
    Community Member

Hi Dave,
    I think it is related to the description of this scenario: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253393969
    The setting for the application does not work.
    Jan

• Thank you for the reply @JaTo. Am I understanding correctly that the menubar icon is there but hidden by the camera notch on your Macbook Pro? If the answer is yes then can you try to temporarily disable a few menubar icons to see if that causes the 1Password icon to "move over" so that it's no longer covered up by the notch? Follow these steps:

1. Click on the  in the menu bar.
    2. Click on System Preferences.
    3. Click on Dock & Menubar.
    4. Click on the different options in the left hand column and uncheck "Show in Menu Bar". You can always re-enable them later.

Do you now see the 1Password icon? I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• JaTo
    JaTo
    Community Member

Hi Dave, yes, I see the icon then.

• @JaTo

Thank you for the reply. That confirms that, while 1Password is properly rendering the menubar icon, the icon itself is being hidden by your Macbook's notch. I've reported the issue to our developers so that they can investigate. In the meantime, using a third-party app such as the one mentioned in the link that you posted would provide a workaround to the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1057

This discussion has been closed.