Visual Studio

ghandlin
ghandlin
Community Member

I have Visual Studio launching Edge in private mode and the extension does not show up. If launch Edge from the command line in private, it does. Not sure why this is?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• tetrabit
    tetrabit
    Community Member

My experience with VS Code (not Visual Studio) is that when I do a debug-launch of a firefox browser window, that window doesn't have any of my extensions. I think IDEs like VS and VS Code might be launching browsers with options to have the browser completely pristine, rather than polluted with your own cookies, extensions, etc.

• ghandlin
    ghandlin
    Community Member

That makes sense except that I'm providing the command to launch it in private - launching it normal mode, I have the extensions.

• Hey @ghandlin:

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry about the delay in responding. Just to clarify and make sure I'm fully understanding here, 1Password in Edge is not shown in fields, or 1Password does not appear to be installed/enabled at all in Edge when launched through Visual Studio? Let me know which one is the case, and I can investigate further with you!

Jack

• ghandlin
    ghandlin
    Community Member

Thx for getting back to me @jack.platten

The latter - it's not available at all. Malwarebytes is the only extension that loads, which I also find odd.

• ghandlin
    ghandlin
    Community Member

@jack.platten any updates on this? Have you been able to reproduce?

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited February 2022

Hello @ghandlin,

Thank you for getting back. I have no trouble running 1Password on Edge's private mode using Visual studio. In this case, please don't hesitate to send me an email to this address at your convenience, and I will be with you shortly: support+x@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.