Never Suggest in Browser not working?

dereksteelberg
dereksteelberg
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

New 1Password user. Generally fairly happy but I do have a few issues. I have stored all of my credit/charge cards in 1Password. I have a lot of credit cards (30+) entered in the tool (my own, my kids, my parents, etc) but I only regularly use a few of them for online shopping. I have most of them set up as Never Suggest in Browser...but when I get to a credit card entry web form 1Password suggests all of them for autofill. This is quite annoying. What am I doing wrong?

Also, in the field for CC Type you should have Other or Store-specific or something for Store-specific charge cards which are not Visa or Mastercard or one of other types listed.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: MacOS 12.0.1

Comments

• @dereksteelberg

The never suggest in browser option would not work with the version you indicated you are using with your browser. 2.2.1. That feature is a left over from the original extensions used years ago. I would recommend staying with the current version you have installed.

This may help and is more of a workaround vs a different type of card entry. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/561385/#Comment_561385

• dereksteelberg
    dereksteelberg
    Community Member

It seems to me that having the capability to exclude CC entries from being included in a pull down list of Autofill options is an extremely useful feature (indeed…apparently 1Password used to support it). I can’t be the only user who wants to restrict my Autofill options to a subset of the Credit Cards and store charge cards I have stored in 1Password. Any plans to reintroduce this capability?
    Thanks

• I have a vault called "Never display" and I have moved any needed items to that vault. I have the individual vault set not to show within the app/extension. I can move items in and out of the vault as needed and I do not need to edit each entry. Perhaps this would work for you.

I'll make sure to let the team know you would find this useful.

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

I experienced a similar problem, but with a regular login (not a credit card). I selected "Never suggest in browser" in the extension, and the extension is still suggesting it. I'm using version 2.3.0 of the extension.

I second derek's opinion that this is better UX than moving it to a separate vault, which seems more like a workaround than a proper (useful!) feature.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dserodio! I do recommend moving the item to a separate vault and excluding the vault from the extension to make things work. That said, I'll definitely share your feedback about this with our team. I do agree that the option to exclude individual items per the classic extension was really helpful. Hopefully that will be something we can bring back in the future.

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

Thanks joy! I do believe I'm using the "new" extension and not the classic extension thou. It's called 1Password – Password Manager, version 2.3.0, last updated March 11, 2022.

If I'm correct, this is a bug (an existing feature doesn't work), not a missing feature :)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@dserodio You're welcome! And yes, you are using the new extension. What I meant was that the "never suggest in browser" started as a feature tied to the classic extension (and the Safari app extension). However, there's nothing that really points that out in the app, so it becomes a bit confusing. It really seems as though the feature should work with the new extension.

Whatever the case, excluding specific logins from 1Password's suggestions is something that we've gotten a lot of feedback about, and for that reason, it is something we do want to highlight to our developers. We wouldn't be able to improve 1Password without input and feedback from users like you. We truly appreciate your thoughts on this.

/IDEA-I-281

This discussion has been closed.