How do you delete a file (pdf) from an item in the Documents category?

dr2020
dr2020
Community Member

I want to replace the pdf with an updated version. When I choose to Delete my Local Copy (the old version I want to replace) it is still available.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do you delete a file (pdf) from an item in the Documents category?

Comments

• @dr2020

The delete local option only removes the local download, to remove the file select it in the center column and then press delete on your keyboard. Then you can add the new version to 1Password.

• The delete key will archive the old copy so you'll have a backup of the previous version should you happen to need it.

Talking trash: Why we're introducing the Archive

I hope that helps.

• dr2020
    dr2020
    Community Member

I'm not sure I'm describing this well. In my Documents Category I have an item Labeled 'Insurance Card'. Within that item I have a PDF of 2021's card. I want to delete the pdf, not the "Insurance Card" item.

• @dr2020 There is a difference between file attachments and Document items. If "Insurance Card" is a Document item then you'll need to delete the Document item itself and create a new Document item using your updated PDF: Save important files in 1Password

If "Insurance Card" is not a Document item but another type of item (such as a Login item or Secure Note) and the PDF is an attachment then you can remove it from the item by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Select "Insurance Card" and click Edit.
    3. Click the red remove icon next to the PDF file.
    4. Click Save.

Let me know if that helps. :)

• dr2020
    dr2020
    Community Member

Thank you. That tells me all I need to know. I appreciate the help.

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.