To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I have different one-time passwords for the same site (two accounts)

Options
petermorlion
petermorlion
Community Member

I have several accounts for the same website. Specifically, I have two different logins on AWS because a client of mine has two different AWS accounts. I wanted to set up MFA with 1Password (currently using an app). This worked well, but now I see that the one-time password field is added to all my AWS logins in 1Password (even in my personal AWS login). Probably because they're all the same URL.

Is it possible to have different OTPs for the same website? I would expect to be able to add the OTP to a specific login entry in 1Password.

I'm using 1Password in Edge.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• petermorlion
    petermorlion
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently, the mistake is on my side. After selecting the correct account, and only then clicking the three dots to scan the QR code, the one-time-password is added correctly. Although I think I had to remove the previous one first. It seems 1Password wants to be smart and add it to all matching logins. But after removing it from the wrong login and scanning a new QR code for that login, it works well now.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @petermorlion

Thanks for the update. I haven't seen that before (where the TOTP gets added to multiple Login items). Please do let us know if you find a way to make that happen again. Each Login item can have a unique TOTP secret added to it. Glad to hear it ultimately worked out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.