Tricky webpage - how to save login?

Options
AustriaXXL
AustriaXXL
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

https://finanzonline.bmf.gv.at/fon/login.do

I am unable to store an accepted login - anything I have overseen?

1Password Version: 8.5.0 (80500083)
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: 12.1

Comments

• kevin.li
    edited January 2022
    Options

@AustriaXXL Thank you for sharing the website with us to test.

This is a tricky website. The sign-in form is built with two password input fields - "Benutzer-Identifikation" & "PIN". Therefore, 1Password has a hard time saving and auto-filling the login info.

I've reported this website to our development team to improve 1Password's behaviour in this situation. Thank you for taking the time to write in, and I'm sorry about the inconvenience it caused.

Meanwhile, I'd offer a workaround in this situation. Let's try the following steps to edit or create the login item:
    1. Edit the saved login item for the website, or create a new login item.
    2. Make sure the website's login page is linked correctly.
    3. Clear out the default username and password fields.
    4. Create a custom field and name it tid. This is for the field of the "Tellnehmer-Identifikation", and input the info below.
    5. Create a custom field and name it benid. This is for the field of the "Benutzer-Identifikation", and input the info below.
    6. Create a custom field and name it pin. This is for the field of the "PIN", and input the info below.
    7. Make sure to change the input type of benid and pin to "Password".
    8. Click "Save".

Then, you can try to autofill with the newly created/edited login item and see if it works.

ref: dev/core/core#1439

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @kevin.li I followed your detailed instructions saving the credentials for this tricky webpage.

Result: Operation normal :)

As I am only "user" and no "provider" I would never guess this "puzzle" without assistance.

Cheers!

• @AustriaXXL You're most welcome. I'm glad to be your assistance.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for using 1Password.

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kevin.li , the login for the mentioned webpage worked till yesterday. Now I have Version "1Password for Mac 8.7.0

80700002, im Kanal „BETA“".

On Safari webbrowser the login is not functioning (PIN section is not filled out), whereas on my iPhone I can login without problems.

Obviously with the latest MacOS update something changed in the background.

• Hi @AustriaXXL .

I'm sorry about the delayed reply. I've tested it on the website and confirmed my previous suggestion won't work anymore.

Happily, I also find the workaround/improvement to autofill the website. If you create a new login item by manually entering all the info and saving it in 1Password, the new item should work for you:

• AustriaXXL
    AustriaXXL
    Community Member
    Options

Dear @kevin.li , thank you - this is a great improvement versus the previous 1PW-Version.
    I must say: "Problem over - operation normal" :-)

So long.....

• You're most welcome, @AustriaXXL .

Let us know if you have any other questions or anything we can help with.

Other than that, have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.