Feature: Deleting Tags for an Item - needs to be easier

This is a feature request. Even in 1password 7, it is quite difficult when you want to delete a tag & add a new one. You have to go to the EDIT menu & then do it.

Suggestions:

• DELETE: Please provide a right click option to remove a particular tag for an item. This is crucial as it is tedious to go to the edit menu every time.
  • DELETE II: Another solution is when user has selected a tag option, where it displays all the items within this option. And when user presses to 'DELETE' an item here, it can show another option in the alert to 'allow delete the item from the tag' option list as well.

• ADD (Edit): Adding a tag through edit menu is ok, but the issue always is trying to add ones from the list I already have. It shows a dropdown when typing as search suggestions - but why not make it even easier by allowing user to select multiple tags in the dropdown (with a search bar on top).

Hoping this helps in some way & could be made possible for V8/ 8.1 release. Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: v8.5 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• Hello @sjk09 ! Thanks for sharing your feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password better.

DELETE: Please provide a right click option to remove a particular tag for an item. This is crucial as it is tedious to go to the edit menu every time.

Good news, this is on our roadmap and it's something the design and development teams will be looking into. Please watch for it in the upcoming releases.

DELETE II: Another solution is when user has selected a tag option, where it displays all the items within this option. And when user presses to 'DELETE' an item here, it can show another option in the alert to 'allow delete the item from the tag' option list as well.

I have confirmed with our design team, we’ve had a lot of revisions around the delete modal to try and make it as non confusing as possible and using this to remove a tag from an item is probably not something we want to add.

ADD (Edit): Adding a tag through edit menu is ok, but the issue always is trying to add ones from the list I already have. It shows a dropdown when typing as search suggestions - but why not make it even easier by allowing user to select multiple tags in the dropdown (with a search bar on top).

There are improvements planned to adding tags and they aren't exactly what your asking for, having said that, I have shared your feedback with the product and design teams so they can decide how they can fit you suggestion into the product roadmap.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day! :)

• sjk09
    sjk09
    Community Member

Thank you for taking the time @ag_maryam, appreciate it. Also glad to hear that, will eagerly look forward. Best!

• On behalf of Maryam you're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.