1password super blurry on windows 10

gmaister22
gmaister22
Community Member

Hello everyone

please, why is 1Password sooo blurry most of the time on Windows 10? Jesus Christ!

I'm using the 8.5 Beta, but even on 7 its the same, makes no difference...please!

Using 2 monitors @ 2560x1440

Its driving me crazy

1Password Version: 80500083
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• gmaister22
    gmaister22
    Community Member

anyone?

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member

Let's rule out these two easy ones first...

Zoom Level:
    1. Click the three dots in the top left corner of the 1Password 8 window and then click Zoom.
    2. Make sure you click 'Actual Zoom Ctrl + 0'. Or you can press Ctrl + 0 on your keyboard.
    3. How does 1Password look?

Same on just one monitor?
    This would rule out a dual monitor issue. Close and open 1Password each time you do this.

1. A bit drastic but can you unplug monitor 2 and see if you see the same on monitor 1.
    2. How does 1Password look?
    3. Likewise, then unplug monitor 1 and then see if you see the same on monitor 2.
    4. How does 1Password look?

Looks like you are using 1Password 8.5 Beta, but as you see this on 7 as well that makes me think it's a display setting on your computer? Close and open 1Password when you do the following.

1. On the Windows 10 Desktop, right click and choose 'Display Settings'.
    2. Under 'Scale and Layout' set the option to '100% (Recommended)' - it may already be set to this.
    3. How does 1Password look?
    4. If it is no different, then click 'Advanced scaling settings' (under the 100% as in point 2 above).
    5. Under 'Fix scaling for apps' turn off the option 'Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry'.
    6. How does 1Password look?
  • gmaister22
    gmaister22
    Community Member

Hello @Powerless

I tried everything that you proposed, (the last settings with the Advanced scaling options was already enabled from before)

Nothing helped sadly
    Same thing on both monitors, the blur is absurd

• gmaister22
    gmaister22
    Community Member

any ideas?
    anyone from 1Password staff?

• gmaister22
    gmaister22
    Community Member

bump

• Hey @gmaister22:

Sorry for the delay here, we were investigating some potential causes. Have you configured anything out of the ordinary in your graphics drivers (Nvidia Control Panel or similar)? Forcing anti-aliasing or similar may cause issues like this. Let me know if that's the case and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member

@jack.platten If it helps I think you're on to something. I've managed to replicate the blurry 1Password window as @gmaister22 has described. I'm using 1Password 8.4.1.

This is how I replicated the issue using Nvidia driver version 497.29.

1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel
    2. Click Manage 3D Settings (on the left under 3D Settings)
    3. On the Global Settings tab, the option Antialiasing - FXAA is set to Off (by default on my system)
    4. Set the Antialiasing - FXAA to On
    5. Quit 1Password (don't close it)
    6. Open 1Password and I now see a blurry window

@gmaister22 Assuming you are using a Nvidia card:

See above. If Antialiasing - FXAA is set to On in the Global Settings then I assume you have turned it On for a reason?
    A very quick check to see if this is the cause is to turn Off this setting. Make sure you Quit 1Password and then reopen it. If this fixes the blurry 1Password window but you need this setting to be On, then you can override this as follows:

1. Click Program Settings tab
    2. I had to Add 1Password as a program to customise it, as it wasn't available in the list of programs by default
    3. Click Add and the look for 1Password in the window that pops up. Then click Add Selected Program
    4. Set the Antialiasing - FXAA to Off (this overrides the Global Setting)
    5. Quit 1Password (don't close it)
    6. Open 1Password

If you're not using a Nvidia card, then I'm sure a similar option will be available in your Graphics Card settings.

• gmaister22
    gmaister22
    Community Member

@Powerless WoW yeah it has fixed the issue, i used the Program settings for ALL the apps that had this issue...i guess its an NVidia issue?

@jack.platten it worked

• Hey, that's great news! Thank you @Powerless for the steps and @gmaister22 for the update. We appreciate it, and are glad to hear that things are (literally) looking better. 😄

This discussion has been closed.