Default "Cmd+\" shortcut has a conflict on macOS Monterey

2»

Comments

• ysh4312
    ysh4312
    Community Member

Amazing, thanks @Ben! That worked for me!

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome

• tonytamps
    tonytamps
    Community Member

Ben's steps worked for me too. Now I'll just make sure to never unset that Cmd+\ shortcut and I should be fine 😅
    Thanks Ben and everyone else too.

• You're welcome! I'm sorry for the trouble. Hopefully this smooths out in future updates.

Ben

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

Any updates from Apple on why we can't use Cmd+\? FWIW, the same thing happens when I try to set the preferences in the in-browser plugin settings (for both Firefox and Chrome) -- though those may be browser-related shortcuts, and thus 1Password is not in the loop. Regardless, would really like to return to my finger-memory shortcuts

• @esquared

No, none that I am aware of. Have you seen Ben's post about resetting the preferences? That may be helpful. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/621105/#Comment_621105

If you are using 1Password in the browser, some of the shortcuts are not customizable or only allow a small set of options, in my understanding.

• benschac
    benschac
    Community Member

I have the same problem. The solution noted above didn't work for me either.

• Hey @benschac:

Thanks for reaching out about this. Just to confirm, you're attempting to set ⌘+\ in 1Password for Mac, and not in the keyboard shortcuts for the 1Password extension in your browser? Let me know, and I'll be able to dig in further with you.

Jack

• richardbottiglieri
    richardbottiglieri
    Community Member

@""Jack.P_1P" , that is correct. In 1Password 7 for Mac on macOS Monterey, you cannot set the command + backslash shortcut. The app tells you that it's in use somewhere else. I briefly used 1Password 8, and I was able to set it to command + backslash there on the same computer. After reverting to 1Password 7 (due to major Safari performance issues with the 1Password extension), I'm once again unable to set the keyboard shortcut to command + backslash.

• @richardbottiglieri

Did you try the reset Ben mentioned? This has helped everyone who experienced it to my knowledge. Also, I'm including myself after trying to change my shortcut to test things for a user. If you wrote in this would be the option I would provide.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/621105/#Comment_621105

• richardbottiglieri
    richardbottiglieri
    Community Member

On my Mac, I don't have the directory referenced in step #2. I didn't mess with it too much more after that, and I just settled on a different shortcut.

• Hey @richardbottiglieri:

Thanks for following up on this. If you'd like to write in as Tommy mentioned, we'd be happy to dig in a bit further with you if you'd like to use ⌘+\ as your shortcut. You can get ahold of us via email at support@1password.com.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.