Mac Beta 8.5.0083 does not recognize multiple signin pages across web-sites

JBorendame
JBorendame
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

i have had multiple experiences where the Beta did not recognize pages that had signing fields at all. I also have multiple issues with 1Password for Safari (latest version) making me do a manual signing to 1Password with my secret key before it works at all. Additionally, every time I use either the 1Password Beta or the 1Password for Safari I receive login email reports, which fill up my inbox. With Beta the Quick Access screen shows up slightly below the bottom edge of my screen. I have to move the window to see or enter anything each time I use it. I am on a MacBook Pro Max. Sharing with the hope for improvements.

_1Password Version:805000083
_Extension Version:2.2.1
_OS Version:12.1

Comments

• Hey @JBorendame:

Would you be able to share any of these sites where you were running into issues? As for email sign-in notifications when using 1Password for Safari is something we're investigating. Do you happen to have Safari set to clear history automatically? Additionally, Quick Access not being where you left it is something we're also investigating and hope to have sorted out soon. Let me know!

Jack

• JBorendame
    JBorendame
    Community Member

www.amazon.com, www.bluegreenonline.com, www.schwab.com, www.chase.com to name a few. I pull up the site in safari, put my cursor in the userid field of each and nothing happens with 1password. For years, this would cause 1password to prompt me.

Also it is not clear to me when I should use 1Password for Safari and the Beta 1Password. They both generate a login email to me every time I use either one of them. They fill my inbox. I have almost 20 of them right now from today (what a waste). Why do they repetitively login? Why can't they stat logged in for the day?

I also delete my history frequently to reduce risk of someone accessing my financial accounts.

• JBorendame
    JBorendame
    Community Member

one other point on 1Password beta 0083. The process '1Password Helper (GPU)' is always using CPU. It is using approximately 14 times the CPU of all the other 1Password processes together according to the Activity monitor. I am running a MacBook Pro Max on Monterey 12.1. I attached screenshot of it.

• Hey @JBorendame:

1Password for Safari and 1Password 8 store data independently, which is different from how 1Password 7 and the 1Password extension in Safari worked. Because 1Password for Safari stores data (like your sign-in session to the 1Password.com servers) in what Safari considers your History, regularly clearing your History will result in multiple sign-in emails being sent.

1Password for Safari would be used for filling into Safari, and the 1Password 8 desktop app would be used when working with other apps or referencing information.

It sounds like you may not have granted full access on every site to 1Password for Safari, which would result in 1Password for Safari not detecting pages to fill. To check this:

1. Open Safari preferences
    2. Click Extensions, then click 1Password for Safari in the left hand bar
    3. Click "Edit Websites..."
    4. Set the dropdown for "For other websites" to Allow

This will allow 1Password for Safari to detect and fill all pages.

Jack

• JBorendame
    JBorendame
    Community Member

Jack, thanks for the quick feedback. I did not realize they were 2 separate tools. Can I only use 1Password 8 for everything? It seems redundant to have 2 tools for the same purpose. Additionally, I checked the Extension settings and they are Allow. BTW, Safari 'leaks' History data, so if 1Password for Safari is storing access credentials in History they are easily hacked. This is why I clear history after I use each website. Apple has not fixed the issue as yet.

This discussion has been closed.