1PW chrome extension does not default to entry for website I am on

Options
nashmrkt
nashmrkt
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

1PW extension no longer defaults to the entry for the website that I am on. Every time I have to search for the entry.
Example: I am on www.fedex.com. I try to login. I unlock 1PW extension and it is just showing me the top of the list. In my FedEx login entry in 1PW, I have the website URL correctly as https://www.fedex.com/.
This happens now for all websites.

Using google Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (arm64)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2 (70902005) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: 11.6.2

Comments

• Hey @nashmrkt:

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble using 1Password in the browser. Just to confirm, are you referring to the in-line menu that appears below certain text fields like the username or password field, or the pop-up menu? If you're running into issues with the pop-up menu, it sounds like it may be set to All Items, rather than Suggestions. To change this, follow these steps:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar > choose Settings.
    2. In the General section, change "Open 1Password to:" to Suggestions.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• nashmrkt
    nashmrkt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for help. I was actually referring to when I click the 1PW extension icon. But the solution was the same. I enabled Suggestion and it works.
    Now that you mentioned it. How can I disable this functionality that in Text fields the 1PW thing pops up? It makes it hard to fill some forms online. It keeps popping up where I need to enter name and address and I do not want to use 1PW do do these fillings.

• Hey @nashmrkt:

In this case, if you'd like to prevent 1Password from automatically showing the inline menu on fields, disable the setting "Show autofill menu on field focus" using the same steps I provided above.

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• nashmrkt
    nashmrkt
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help

This discussion has been closed.