Search doesn't search in section names

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the input on the substring search, folks. We definitely would like for this to work as you've described, the challenge is enabling that without breaking international support. It isn't impossible to do so, but it is going to take more work, and I don't know when that'll be ready.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

It's good to know you guys are working on it and taking our feedback into consideration.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

@ben you had working substring search for years. I know that 1PW8 was rewritten from scratch but being a software developer for more than 20 years you typically try first to do not break existing functionality and add new one on top of that. You did the opposite breaking existing functionality or even sacrificing it in order to create new functionality.

• You did the opposite breaking existing functionality or even sacrificing it in order to create new functionality.

In some ways that is true. I believe we've covered in a few other threads the specifics of why a new approach was needed here. In any event, we're way off topic from searching in section names. :) If there is further to say about substring search let's take that back to threads that are about that subject please.

It's good to know you guys are working on it and taking our feedback into consideration.

That's a big part of why we're doing this early access / extended beta phase. v8 is a significant change, and we want to know where folks want us to focus our efforts. Of course, not everyone agrees on what those priorities should be. 😁

Ben

• Hi folks,

Today's nightly (80901013) includes some changes that I think you might like when it comes to substring searching:

Let me know what you think!

Jack

• PrzemyslawKlys
    PrzemyslawKlys
    Community Member

Sorry for bringing this back from dead but I believe this feature has 2 problems:

• CTRL+SHIFT+SPace for quick search completely ignores it and never shows found items
    • Searching inside 1password works, but only if you search and press enter (aka Show all matching items).

Could this be improved?

This discussion has been closed.