Safari Extension has to be unlocked separately when I already have the 1PW App open?

Options
drohr
drohr
Community Member

When I have the 1PW app (vers 8.5) open on my Mac and I am in Safari and need to sign into a site I already have saved in 1PW I am prompted to unlock the 1PW extension (vers Safari 2.2.1).

I do not recall this in prior versions and it seems redundant. I then must open extension separately and find the item if it does not recognize the site and go through the autofill.

1Password Version: 8.5
Extension Version: Safari 2.2.1
OS Version: Mac Catalina 10.15.7
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension

Comments

• Hi @drohr:

Thanks for asking, and I'm sorry you're running into issues with using 1Password in Safari. Just as a first troubleshooting step, can you try this:
    1. Right click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar > Choose Settings
    2. In the General section, disable "Integrate with 1Password app"
    3. Re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app"

After doing those steps, try locking and unlocking 1Password for Mac again, and see if that improves your state of play!

Jack

• Goldgamer
    Goldgamer
    Community Member
    Options

After trying this the issue still occurs :(

• Hi @Goldgamer:

I've provided some next steps to try in your thread on this issue. Thanks!

Jack

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

I am still having same issue. I will look at the thread you have provided as well

• Thanks, @drohr - we'll look forward to follow up on this for you. 👍

• Goldgamer
    Goldgamer
    Community Member
    Options

Anything new here?

• Hi @Goldgamer - just to check, did you follow up with us by email, per that other thread that Jack linked above? If so, you can drop the ticket ID (it looks like: [#AAA-11111-000] into the thread here, and I'll track the conversation down for you. 👍

This discussion has been closed.