Cannot paste copied text to a field when editing

I cannot paste to any field when editing a Login item in 1Password 8. I was attempting to paste in an answer to a security question for a site. I created a random sequence of characters using the password generator, but I am unable to paste it into the appropriate field in edit mode. I cannot past anything to any field at all in edit mode.

Please advise. This makes 1Password useless in this situation.

1Password Version: 1 Password for Mac 8.2.2
Extension Version: Safari ver 2.1.2
OS Version: Big Sur 11.6

Comments

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

Anyone else notice this? Am I doing something wrong?

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

I've noticed it today. 1P for Mac 8.5.0 on nightly (80500096) on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

I cannot paste into any field in a login item--making it very hard to save a very long recovery code.

Originally thought it was related to universal clipboard since it was coming from my iPhone. Pasted it into a document on the Mac, then restarted 1P--still can't paste anything into any field.

• volts
    volts
    Community Member

Yes, I'm having the same difficulty.

Right-click brings up a context menu, where Paste is an option.

• Chris Messina
    Chris Messina
    Community Member

Same. I can not paste into a Password field with the command-V keyboard shortcut. Right-clicking does reveal the context menu that allows me to paste:

On 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 (80500096, on NIGHTLY channel)

• Hey @rpallred / @volts / @Chris Messina:

Thanks for letting us know about this! We've noticed the same internally recently, and hope to have it fixed in a future nightly soon. Keep an eye out for updates!

Jack

• Hello @rpallred / @volts/ @Chris Messina Good news, the copy/paste is fixed in latest beta. Please let us know if you run into any trouble when you try it out.

Maryam

• Chris Messina
    Chris Messina
    Community Member

@ag_maryam great! Will switch back to the beta channel. Thanks!

• On behalf of Maryam, you're very welcome @Chris Messina! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.