Feature Request: support Secret Recovery Phrase fields

Options

1Password could support crypto wallets more effectively if there were a "password" variant field for "Secret Recovery Phrases" (aka "seed phrases").

These phrases typically comprise 12 words in a specific order (see also: BIP39) — and when setting up a wallet like Metamask, you're required to recite these 12 words by selecting them from a list in the correct order.

Depending on the size of the 1Password window, the password field may cut off the entire list of words, making it hard to complete the confirmation process:

Additionally, if you scroll the field to the right to reveal the complete phrase, once the window loses focus, the text field's cursor resets to the leftmost position, making it impossible to see the rest of the phrase:

It would be useful if either long passwords or seed phrases wrapped, or if the form field maintained the cursor position after losing focus.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1 (21C52)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @Chris Messina

We have some exciting ideas about how to better support folks who want to store crypto related information in 1Password. I hope to have more to be able to share soon. I'm sorry I can't get into any specifics at the moment. It is something we're looking at closely though. :)

Ben

• Chris Messina
    Chris Messina
    Community Member
    Options

Good to hear! I'm sure you could actually go much deeper (i.e. actually offering a crypto wallet!!) but this seemed like a relatively modest quality of life improvement to consider near term.

• Ben
    Options

😁 :+1:

Ben

• sridharNeeva
    sridharNeeva
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to Chris' request. At Neeva, we are working on adding a wallet to our iOS browser and being able to enter pass phrases from 1password would make mobile set up of the wallet app a lot easier.

It is also a place for you to add value by soliciting community feedback for rogue apps so that people don't accidentally enter their pass phrases there.

• Thank you @sridharNeeva for the suggestion!

• Chris Messina
    Chris Messina
    Community Member
    Options

If the CEO of Neeva.com wants this, I think you guys know what to do! 😸

• We do appreciate the feedback, and the wonderful variety of interesting people that pop in here with ideas and advice. We're listening and implementing all the time! Thanks @Chris Messina and @sridharNeeva 🙏

• cherrypay
    cherrypay
    Community Member
    Options

Great suggestion! As addition please can we number our phrase? So when we have phrases from 24 words it's hard to pick the right one because Inputs are random. Take a look at Velas Mobile IOS you can see it live;-)

• Thanks for sharing your feedback @cherrypay! As Peter mentioned, we're always listening. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.