"Unlock 1Password" in Safari does not work after update

Options

Hi,

Each time I update the 1Password app from App Store, the "Unlock 1Password" button in Safari does not work. I have tried restarting 1Password and Safari, and also disabled the extension, but it still does not work.

I am using a MacBook Pro M1, but I've also had this problem on my previous Intel Mac.

The app is downloaded for the Mac App Store.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• eriktobben
    eriktobben
    Community Member
    Options

It works after a reboot of the machine, but do I have to do that every time I update 1Password?

• Hello @eriktobben, a new update could leave a pending process that prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser and restarting the computer is the solution for some users. We are aware of this nuisance, and we are sorry for that. We will work hard to improve 1Password to make the update process go as smoothly as possible.

In the future, if 1Password couldn't connect with Safari after a new update, you can try these steps to see how it works before resetting your computer.

Right-click on the 1Password mini icon at the far right corner of the menu bar > select “Quit 1Password Completely” > Quit all browsers > Try 1Password again.

This discussion has been closed.