Help converting individual 1Password account to Family

Options
wdeluca7
wdeluca7
Community Member

I originally signed up through an in app purchase with Apple, but I don't seem to be able to upgrade my account. What are the next steps?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2022
    Options

@wdeluca7

To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support@1password.com from your account's registered email address, so we can continue the conversation there? We'll also need to make a few changes on our end. So a direct line of communication would be most helpful.

1. To get you started you'll need to cancel the 3rd party billing.
    2. We'll need to make those needed changes on our end.
    3. Then you'll move over to our direct billing.

This will not affect you data. All you will be doing is changing billing methods.

 Apple Support - How to cancel a subscription from Apple

• wdeluca7
    wdeluca7
    Community Member
    Options

Got it - thank you!

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2022
    Options

:+1: :chuffed:

ref: GNZ-33896-624

• cadler
    cadler
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy following your instructions above in order to move to a Family plan, I cancelled my plan through Apple but I don't see where I would sign up for direct billing from 1Password? The billing page still says I'm subscribed. Do I have to wait until the billing period is over (January 25th for me)?

• Hey @cadler:

As mentioned above, we'll need to make a few changes on our end to get it sorted out for you. Emailing support@1password.com mentioning that you'd like to switch billing from Apple to direct billing would be the best bet, and my colleagues would be able to help you out over email. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to link what you've mentioned here with your email conversation. :smile:

Jack

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2022
    Options

@cadler

Thank for the comment. I appreciate you catching my understanding of what I wrote vs. it reading differently to others. :blush: I made a couple of changes that will hopefully make the post clearer.

• cadler
    cadler
    Community Member
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks @jack.platten and @ag_tommy. I'll go ahead and do that.

One suggestion might be an update to this page, which didn't really answer my question, and ultimately led me to the forums :blush:

https://support.1password.com/change-account-type/#if-you-have-an-individual-account

• Hey @cadler:

Thanks for your feedback on this, I'll make sure it gets noted with the appropriate team. Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.