Quick access does not get keyboard focus in some conditions

Options

When pressing Shift + Command + Space, 1Password Quick access opens up and gets keyboard focus so you can search for items and copy passwords.
This does not work in some conditions. One example is the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client. When there is a password prompt and the keyboard focus is on the Cisco password prompt, pressing Shift + Command + Space does not switch the keyboard focus to 1Password Quick access.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 12

Comments

• That’s really interesting, @P4sca1. Do you see that behavior with any other apps with a similar interface? For instance, does Spotlight properly grab keyboard focus in that instance?

• P4sca1
    P4sca1
    Community Member
    Options

Spotlight disappears when pressing Shift + Command + Space. I have not noticed other apps with the problem yet.

• tred27
    tred27
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue with the same application, it's super annoying being a keyboard-driven user to have to click on the omnibox with my mouse but I suspect the issue is more on Anyconnect's side than on 1Pass, Anyconnect it garbage.

• kmkoni
    kmkoni
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed the same issue with Office 365 password prompts. Despite calling up Quick access, my keyboard focus was still in the password field.

• tred27
    tred27
    Community Member
    Options

I've just noticed that this also happens on basic auth forms in Firefox.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Also seeing this on Mac using MS Edge, after pressing cmd + shift + space it loses focus almost immediately meaning I have to use the mouse pointer to click on the quick access text field

Also, if the 1password app is running in the background and locked unlocking via the browser extension doesn't seem to bring 1password to the foreground to unlock

I'm not seeing this behaviour on Windows

• P4sca1
    P4sca1
    Community Member
    Options

The same happens for login prompts from Apple Music.

• P4sca1
    P4sca1
    Community Member
    Options

I no longer experience this issue in version 80500057.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing, @P4sca1! For anyone else reading, if you haven't already, could you please try the latest version and see if you're still able to reproduce the issue?

Ben

• P4sca1
    P4sca1
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that this issue is only partly fixed. When 1PW is unlocked, Quick Access now gets proper keyboard focus.
    However, when 1PW is locked and I press Shift+CMD+Space, the big 1PW window opens and requests the master password. The input for the master password does not get proper focus.

• ludalex
    ludalex
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar but different issue: on macOS 12.0.1 with 1Password 8.5.0 (80500083) BETA, sometimes when it's locked, prompting Quick Access results in the 1Password Master Password prompt window appearing behind every window (not in focus), and I have to cmd+tab to it in order to unlock it.
    I also have the issue of the Quick Access window appearing all the way to the bottom of my screen, but I know this is a recognized issue and a fix is on the way!

This discussion has been closed.