Notification area icon stays "locked" when app is unlocked

marshall_stacks
marshall_stacks
Community Member

This happens occasionally, but I'm not sure exactly how to recreate it just yet: The 1Password desktop app's icon in the Windows taskbar's notification area sometimes stays showing the "Locked" state icon, even when the app is unlocked.
If I right-click the icon in this state, it only has "Open 1Password", "Open Quick Access", and "Quit" - It's missing the "Lock" menu item that should show when the app is unlocked.

So, the taskbar icon somehow gets out of sync with the actual state of the app / browser extension. If I lock the app when this is happening, then unlock it again, the icon seems to stay "Locked" until I quit and restart the app.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• marshall_stacks
    marshall_stacks
    Community Member

I'm not sure if this is related, but sometimes the app takes noticeably longer to appear when you click the icon (or "show 1password" from the browser), and I think it may be when it's in this "locked-but-really-unlocked" state. Generally it's instant-ish, but sometimes it takes a second or more to pop up. I'll see if I notice any patterns when this happens again.

• Hey @marshall_stacks:

Thanks for asking about this. This is something we're investigating, and I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC to we can take a closer look at what is going on:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.