How to change the default action for the search results items in quick access?

aloksharma
aloksharma
Community Member

Hi,

The quick access is an excellent feature in 1P 8, and I use it extensively to fill information using the drag n drop method.

I just have one small issue. In the quick access search results, the default action for login items is 'Open & Fill' whereas for the rest, it is 'View Details'.

Is it possible to change this default action to 'View Details' so that the login items also will open in the pop-up window?

For login items:

For non-login items:

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @aloksharma:

As it currently stands, the default action can't be changed, but we're discussing making it possible to change the default action in Quick Access, so thank you for your additional bit of feedback on this. Cheers! :chuffed:

Jack

• Dom90
    Dom90
    Community Member

I would also love to be able to change the default behavior.
    Especially in non browser windows I need the username and password. therefore its a nicer flow to open the details windows and then drag and drop the username and then the password instead of opening the quicksearch twice. Additionall benefit: the password is only in drag and drop and not in the clipboard. KeePass has the autofill feature for that where unfortunately the (paid) tool 1Password is lacking functionality ;) But anyhow having the details as default behavior would be sufficient for me! Thanks a lot for considering this and adding it hopefully very soon in a minor update :)

• Hi @Dom90,

Thanks for your request about the ability to change the default behaviour of an item from Quick Access. I've cast a vote on your behalf, in the request we're currently tracking.

Further to your comment about non-browser windows, we have an additional feature request where we're looking at ways to implement auto-type and type in window functionality to 1Password 8 which would also help with this use case. I've included a +1 for there as well! Have a great day. 😀

ref: IDEA-I-1415
    ref: IDEA-I-193

• doyusi
    doyusi
    Community Member

Hi,

@aloksharma thanks for posting this request!

I am using the desktop version 8.9.13 on my PC and the default setting for clicking on an item in the search result list (in quick-access) is "open in browser" or "view details". I would also love to be able to change the default behavior. Reason: In the internet-browser the auto-fill function works fine and i don't need quick-access. I use quick-access only to login in programs or apps outside of my internet-browser. Therefor the default option "open in browser" is not what i need and want.

@1passwordTeam Thanks a lot for considering this request. Please update on the current status and progress.

Best regards
    from Germany.

• Hi @doyusi, thanks for letting us know that you'd also be interested in this type of option! I've gone ahead and filed your feedback with our Product team as well. While I don't have any news to share on this at the moment, you can keep an eye on future changes in our release notes here: 1Password Releases

If you have any further feedback or or questions, let us know 😄

ref: 30547698

• doyusi
    doyusi
    Community Member

Hi,

I have another question. Is there a quick access function in the android version?

Best regards

• Hello again @doyusi,

Thanks for the follow up question. Quick Access is only available through the desktop apps (Mac, Linux, and Windows).

For 1Password for Android you can use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your Android device.

If you have any further feedback to share about how you'd like to see this type of functionality used in 1Password for Android, please let us know and I'd be happy to share your thoughts with our Product team!

• toonvanvr
    toonvanvr
    Community Member

I use Quick Access all the time, but the keybinds and poor choice of having "Open in Browser" as default option make me avoid it half of the time and use my mouse to open the 1PW desktop UI. If you think about it, opening an additional browser window is rather counterproductive in many real world cases. Especially when losing focus to a window after a mouse click causes some javascript to hide the login window.

Changing the keybinds was the first thing I checked when this feature arrived, but not having more complaints about this so long after the release of this new feature, makes me wonder whether I'm using 1PW efficiently or whether I'm missing out on faster ways to reauthenticate when going through a list of clients.

• Hello @toonvanvr,

Thanks for your feedback about Quick Access.

The open Quick Access keyboard shortcut is currently one that can be adjusted. Are you also looking for a way to change the keyboard shortcuts for other options within quick access? I'd be happy send your feedback over to the Product team.

In the meantime, I've passed your thoughts along to the team with regard to the changing the default option from Open in browser, when selecting an item.

If you have any other suggestions, just let us know!

ref: 31939945

This discussion has been closed.