1 Password account sign in not recognised

Zxecce
Zxecce
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Lounge

I received an email stating that my 1Password account had just been used to sign in from 1Password for Safari. I am the only person to have access to my computer, password and secret key and I had not signed in to my account. I have changed my account password but is there any explanation how this could have occurred and do I need to change my secret key as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unknown Password account sign in not recognised

Comments

• Zxecce
    Zxecce
    Community Member

I forgot to say I also have an iPad and had signed into my account but this was several hours earlier that day.

• Hey @Zxecce:

We're currently investigating an issue where you may receive multiple sign-in emails from 1Password regarding 1Password for Safari. Just to confirm, if you check your 1Password account profile: https://start.1password.com/profile, do you only see a Safari login once (for however many iOS/iPadOS devices you've added your 1Password account to)? Let me know and I'll be able to dig into it further with you!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10342

• acolyte192
    acolyte192
    Community Member

Hi there, a similar thing has happened to me today, and I came here looking for an answer to whether what had happened is safe.

I was in my browser, and I pulled up 1Password for Chrome, which then pulled up 1Password for Windows (because of the integration). I logged in, and then I logged into the website I was at.

After that, I have received an email that somebody has logged into my 1Password account. The IP address was mine, and when I went into the settings, it registered as my computer. However, I was logged in, the 1Pass Windows application was authorized, I just entered my password.

Is this safe? Any idea why this would happen? Thanks!

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

I have received an email that somebody has logged into my 1Password account.

A bit disconcerting for sure :(

• Zxecce
    Zxecce
    Community Member

Hi Jack thanks for getting back. I changed my secret code as a precaution (probably unnecessarily) and unfortunately since then I've been having further issues. I can get into my.1password no problem but when opening the 1password mini a box opens saying there is an authentication error and to fill in the details and scan the setup code which I have done but to no avail. I just click on not now and continue onto the site I want which will open.

On my iPad I can also get into the my.1password site but when I try to get in any other site my password is not recognised.

Further to your question about logins, when I changed my secret key a box came up asking if I wanted to delete older authorised devices because I hadn't used them for ( I think) 60 days, which I did, but I still have a list of 5 authorised devices - 3 for Safari, 1 for my iMac and 1 for my iPad. I can send you a screen shot if necessary.

If my clicking on that box caused the further problems my apologies and being of more advanced years please treat me gently.

• Hi @Zxecce:

Definitely not your fault here! :smile:

Since it sounds like we might need to take a closer look at what could be going on with your account to help you get signed in to 1Password on your devices, emailing support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread would be your best bet. After emailing in, you'll receive a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect your email conversation, with your thread here on the Support Community. Thanks!

Jack

• Zxecce
    Zxecce
    Community Member

Your human friends from 1Password support have contacted me and the reference is -:
    [#DDN-52253-737]

• Hey @Zxecce:

Great, thanks, I located your ticket, and we'll be able to help you out there! :smile:

Jack

ref: DDN-52253-737

• Zxecce
    Zxecce
    Community Member

Thanks Jack, do I get the help from you or Password security support?

• Hey @Zxecce:

Continuing the email conversation would be the best bet. To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to get in touch if you need anything in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.