Login alert after opening an authenticated 1Password app on the PC

acolyte192
acolyte192
Community Member

Hi there, posting this as its own thread, as I got no reply in a related one.

I was in my browser, and I pulled up 1Password for Chrome, which then pulled up 1Password for Windows (because of the integration). I logged in, and then I logged into the website I was at.

After that, I have received an email that somebody has logged into my 1Password account. The IP address was mine, and when I went into the settings, it registered as my computer. However, I was logged in, the 1Pass Windows application was authorized, I just entered my password.

Is this safe? Any idea why this would happen? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hey @acolyte192:

Thanks for bringing this up here. As 1Password in the browser acts as a separate "device" from 1Password for Windows, it may have triggered an additional sign in notification. To test this, logging into my.1Password.com in a private or incognito tab will show the same behavior. Even though 1Password for Windows is authorized, you'll still receive a notification for the new sign in. Let me know if that helps, or if you'd still like me to dig in a bit further with you!

Jack

• acolyte192
    acolyte192
    Community Member

Hey @jack.platten, but if the browser extension was also authorized beforehand, is it also ok?

Are you saying that it was just a sign-in request because the tokens have expired and 1Pass logged in under the hood to refresh them (if that's even the mechanism you use, I'm just thinking standard websites)?

Thanks!

• acolyte192
    acolyte192
    Community Member

Hey @jack.platten, do you maybe have any further info on this for me?

• Hey @acolyte192:

Thanks for following up on this, that would be accurate yes. Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future! :smile:

Jack

• acolyte192
    acolyte192
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply, Jack! Good to know.

Have a nice day!

This discussion has been closed.