Missing feature - organize field entries - 1Password 8.4.1

Dert2k
Dert2k
Community Member

In Version 7 you could organize the fields up and down while editting an Item.
for example: Login Item
Username:
Password:
Email:
Phone Number:

i could move the Phone number field up just under Website. or move Email down.
In 1Password 8, no longer possible. (at least in windows 10)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Dert2k!

As you've noted - that option doesn't currently exist within 1Password 8. With that said, I can definitely see the advantage of having the ability to reorder fields. We currently have an internal feature request open for this and I've added your comments there for our developers to see.

ref: dev/core/core#5958

• galentx
    galentx
    Community Member

I'll second this request. Most important is the ability to reorder websites in a login entry because the first one seems to be the one used by the Load and Fill option in the browser extensions. The up/down arrows that were in the version 7 client worked pretty well, but a drag-and-drop approach would be fine, too.

• Hey @galentx:

Thanks for your feedback here, and I've added you to the feature request Ali mentioned above! :smile:

Jack

• Axell
    Axell
    Community Member

+1 voice to return this back!
    It seems to me, that it is necessary to listen more to users when removing certain useful functions

• Thanks @Axell, we appreciate the feedback. I'll add it to our evolving feature request on this!

• winklerrr
    winklerrr
    Community Member

+1 on this topic!
    Important feature that you already had! Why are you removing features?

By the way: you should think about adding a "+1" button to your forum to see which feature requests are most important to your community

• Important feature that you already had! Why are you removing features?

This is a very valid question. As it happens, 1Password 8 is a completely new app, built from the ground up - not an update of existing 1Password 7 code. So we just want you to know we didn't remove features like this one because we thought no one cared, rather, there's a long history of development work that went into 1Password 7, and not every equivalent feature has made it into 1Password 8 yet.

But the good news is that 1Password 8 provides a much more modern and unified foundation to start from, which means we can do a lot more with it, and our teams can co-ordinate better in making the improvements happen. We've hit our stride on this new generation and are iterating fast. I hope that the updates to come will be to your liking!

This discussion has been closed.