on myfxbook.com internal dialogs site is not detected

nullx8
nullx8
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

when i try to change secure items on myfxbook.com they sometimes ask for the password (security reasons)
but 1Password always autosuggests to set a new password even the site is stored in the database and active as i can log in using 1password as well. this only happens on ajax driven forms, is there a way to make sure 1passwords assoziates the ajax form with a certain password entry ?

here is a example, instead of looking up the password on file, it just suggests a new one to store.

when following the dialog, it just creates a new entry (duplicate) and on the next time the same happens.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: macOS 11.6.2

Comments

• nullx8
    nullx8
    Community Member

view the sourcecode shows the password field has a "new password" tag
    autocomplete="new-password"> maybe that causes it ?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @nullx8, sorry about the unexpected password suggestion on your site. Would you be able to share the page structure from the form on the site with me?

Here's how to do that:

1. Sign in to the site.
    2. Go to the form that asks for your password.
    3. Right-click the 1Password extension in your browser's toolbar.
    4. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    5. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    6. Attach the downloaded .json file to your next reply.

Once I get the info above, I will check-in with our developers about it. Hope to hear from you again soon!

• nullx8
    nullx8
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

duplicate, sorry

• nullx8
    nullx8
    Community Member

hey thanks, i didn't know 1password has this integrated, and i wasn;t sure posting sourcecode here would help anyone ;)

the forum doesn't allow me to upload files error "You are not allowed to upload files in this category."

i put the json output here: https://enfoid.io/cdata/files/wl/?id=bfAzo9y5OGYFwmehJbwjnXPQWdScGzDg

here is the form - /form part that asks for the password on the same page
    https://enfoid.io/cdata/files/wl/?id=x3G3MClSpKH7YITYRQ8uOm22V2fzfQsZ&fmode=open

• nullx8
    nullx8
    Community Member

one quick addition, this is probably made on purpose as Safari does suggest the password only at the first time.
    i assume the website developer is trying to prevent mass deletion of accounts by putting some things in forcing to type the password.

it's just me wild guessing (i noticed this before i was using 1password)

• Hey @nullx8:

Thanks for providing the page structure here. I've filed an issue internally and hopefully we can have this smoothed out in the future.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12695

• nullx8
    nullx8
    Community Member

Hello, the last update fixed this, thanks a lot!
    I do have another one I found, (I'll make a new thread)

• Glad to hear it @nullx8! 😁

Jack

This discussion has been closed.