How can I get 1Password to stop working on iPhone and keep it for reference?

cjcook
cjcook
Community Member
edited January 2022 in iOS

I want to use Safari keychain on my iPhone instead of 1Password. And I want to keep 1Password on my iPhone for reference. I have tried many things like turning off the 1Password extension in Safari and turning off 1Password in iCloud. But every time I click the key icon hoping to open the passwords in Safari keychain, I get a message asking me whether I want to use 1Password, and there is no way to say "No"and use Safari keychain.

How can I stop 1Password from working, and use Safari keychain passwords instead?

1Password Version: Not Provided
_Extension Version:Not Provided
_IOS Version:15.2.1 Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @cjcook! 👋

I understand that you're like to use iCloud Keychain to fill and save logins on your iPhone while still using 1Password as a "reference". Can you tell me a little more about why you'd like to do this? 1Password and iCloud Keychain don't sync so you'll be forced to manually maintain two different collections of logins and that can get confusing and messy very quickly. I recommend that you just use 1Password, you can migrate your items from iCloud Keychain using this guide: Move your iCloud Passwords from Safari to 1Password

If you would like to go ahead and disable 1Password from appearing when you save and fill in apps on your iPhone then you can follow these steps:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. De-select 1Password.

Let me know if that helps. :)

• cjcook
    cjcook
    Community Member

Thanks Dave. I prefer to use iCloud to sync my passwords because that is what my husband does. Thank you for your instructions.

• @cjcook

I'm happy that my comment helped. If you and your husband are ever interested in fully migrating to 1Password then I suggest 1Password Families which would allow you and your husband to easily share your logins with each other and with other family members: About 1Password Families :)

This discussion has been closed.