Feature Request - Mobile Exception to GeoFencing

With our previous provider, they had a policy you could turn on that would enable geofencing but exclude(allow) mobile logins. In that flow, the initial login would subject to an approval that would be sent to your email on record for the user so that the user could effectively approve that device.

Would love to see if a similar feature could be available with the business product.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @lspeterman,

Just to confirm, are you looking to require an approval workflow for anyone attempting to set up and initially sign in to the 1Password apps on their mobile devices? While 1Password isn't capable of this right now, I'd be happy to pass this on as a feature request to our development. Feel free to also share any additional requirements or specifics you'd like to see.

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member

Hi Max,

I don't know that it has to be an approval workflow. That might be the simplest method to registering a mobile device on the service. The ultimate end state is to have a higher trust of the mobile device knowing that geofencing mobile is much harder to achieve. For desktop use, we definitely want the access geofenced. It could also be explored using any MDM providers like inTune or MobileIron. Happy to work with y'all on fleshing out the use case.

• Excellent, thanks for the clarification. I've located a similar issue filed in our database and gone ahead and added your comments there so they can be reviewed. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please keep our team posted if we can help with anything going forward.

ref: internal/business-roadmap#89

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member

For what it is worth, the lack of mobile support is becoming a bit of an issue with some of our customers. If you do want to emulate what our previous provider did, I'd be happy to detail the flow for you.

• @lspeterman,

Our team will be happy to review anything you'd like to share. If you'd like to share this and the requirements privately, you can contact us via email at support@1password.com using the email address associated with your business or team account - feel free to post the ticket link you receive via email so we can connect the dots.

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member

I'll whip up a diagram to detail the flow.

• Sounds great. Thanks @lspeterman. We look forward to seeing it. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.