Credit card fields not filled on www.chapters.indigo.ca

Hi, not sure when it started happening, but credit card fields stopped being filled by 1password on www.chapters.indigo.ca(at checkout) some times ago.(It might be related to when I started to use the v8, but I am not sure) The only field that get filled is the Card Owner Name. CC# and expiration don't get filled.

This is both on Firefox or Chrome.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kinwolf! I took a look at the site and was able to replicate the issue as you've described. I've reported the issue to our developers. They will be able to investigate and hopefully come up with a good solution in the future.

As a note, I tested with both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8. There was no difference, as the issue is related to the extension and website. I just wanted to let you know in case you were thinking about moving back to 1Password 7. Unfortunately, doing that wouldn't help.

For now, my best recommendation is to click/drag or copy/paste your credit card information from the 1Password app or extension pop-up (click on 1Password extension in your browser to bring that up) to the field. I know this is not ideal, but it should help a bit until a fix can be made.

Appreciate you letting us know about this, @kinwolf! If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

ref: dev/core/core#12426

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I will continue to copy/paste the info until a solution is found, thanks.

• Hi @kinwolf.

On behalf of my colleague Joy, you're very welcome, and it's our pleasure to be your assistance.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member

Hi, not sure where this issue stands, but it's even more broken then before now. The browser extension pop-up won't even load anymore on the paiement page. Even clicking on the extension icon directly will only load a black box. Everything works fine on other websites, or even other pages from chapters.indigo.ca, but everything breaks on the paiement page.

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

Hi @Joy_1P or @kevin.li , 11 months later, this problem is still lthere. :( Any ETA on a fix?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kinwolf, I'm sorry that the issue is still present. I don't see any updates for this particular issue in our internal system. However, I'll reach out to our developers about this one to see if we can get it on their radar. I can't make any promises but hopefully that will help move things along.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@kinwolf I have an update -- it looks like the filling works now: https://share.cleanshot.com/YfmZ4y Could you create a new credit card item and then see if it fills on that page? If it doesn't, then I'll investigate further to see why you and I have different experiences.

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

Hi @Joy_1P , the problem is still there for me, even with a new card created. I am using firefox and tunred off every other extension but 1password, still the same. And this happens both on my macbook pro and windows 11 pc. If I click on 1password icon in the toolbar, it takes a long time to appear. If I select the icon in the CC field, my CC cards appear but if I select one, nothing happens, then after 6-8 seconds I get a popup asking me if I want 1password to fill the fields. I answer yes and it will only fill the "Name on card" field. It does that with any CC card I have in 1password.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@kinwolf Are you able to fill your credit card item on our test form here: https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple? Please let me know!

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member

Yes, it works perfectly. It works also on any website, except chapters.indigo

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

@Joy_1P Hmm, the problem seems to be only with the firefox extension. I tried with edge and it worked fine. I made sure no other extension, but 1password, was enabled in firefox for the latest test to make sure there wasn't some kind of conflict.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@kinwolf That is odd. It works fine for me with 1Password in Firefox: https://share.cleanshot.com/skhhn2. I tried both the stable and beta versions of the extension. I also tried checking out with an account and checking out as a guest. There were no problems.

Just to make sure we're not missing anything, can you create a new profile in Firefox, install only 1Password in it, and then test out the filling on the site?

If the filling still doesn't work, then I'd like to ask you to grab your extension console logs and send them to us:

Attach that to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member

@JoyceC Log sent to support. I see this error in it: Could not collect all frames that were initially found.

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Problem solved in the beta version of the firefox extension! :)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@kinwolf glad that helps! I've sent a reply to your latest email. Let's keep the convo going from there.

This discussion has been closed.