Save Login Dropdown Option Preferences

Longtime 1Password user here, but I guess many advanced functions I'm still not familiar with. For example, I'm trying to save a login which has a dropdown option for what is the start page once logged in. I've chosen the dropdown and manually saved the login. In the past, I would just delete my old login and create a new one as 1Password intelligently detects and saves those form fields. Custom form fields took me years to figure out. I'm still not sure how to replicate that behavior.
But this old website login has a lot of fields, and I'm wondering if I could just add the dropdown detection item into my old login. I see on the new one an item "SAVED ON US.XYZ.COM", then Go to, then "https://etc".
Hopefully this makes sense. I tried searching the forums to no avail. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @optimum thanks for reaching out! Just to clarify, is the login not filling properly for you? Is it just the dropdown field that has the issue? Could you share the URL to the website?

We'll take a closer once we get more details. Hope to hear from you again soon!

• optimum
    optimum
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

The new login that I save manually works fine with the dropdown field.
    https://us.etrade.com/e/t/user/login
    I want to save or copy the "Go to" dropdown to the right of "Remember User ID" to my old login somehow.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@optimum Gotcha, and thanks for sharing the URL. It's hard to say if editing the old login will work. I would need to compare it to the new login and test things out. Could you clarify what the dropdown option should be when filled on your site? Additionally, could you take a screenshot of the Saved Form Details from the old login and share it with us?

To get to the saved form details:

1. Open the 1Password app.
    2. Find the old login and click to Edit it.
    3. Scroll to the bottom and click on View Saved Form details.
    4. Take a screenshot of that and send it over.

I look forward to hearing from you again!

This discussion has been closed.