Wavebox Preview is now Chromium [Wavebox works with 1Password X]

Options

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in!
    My apologies for the frustration here, but we're definitely not adding new browsers on a whim.

I'll forward your feedback to the team as well.

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

Just bumping the request to allow WaveBox to unlock 1Password via biometric (TouchID) or watch notifications on macOS. WaveBox stands out as the application where I most frequently have to type my unlock password. This is because I use it so much: I throw my personal and work webmail clients in there, Slack, Discord, Reddit, etc.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @alanhoyle ! :+1:

• rnilsson
    rnilsson
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to add to this - Wavebox is remarkable in the way 1Password was when I started using it years ago. From a security perspective being able to separate cookie domains is invaluable. I'm hoping two of my most useful tools will fully cooperate.

It's the dinosaur age to be back to typing in my 1Password password over and over throughout the day.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in and sharing your thoughts @rnilsson :+1:

• shigeya
    shigeya
    Community Member
    Options

+1. Please add support.

• asutt
    asutt
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Wavebox support

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @shigeya and @asutt! I've added both your feedback to our open request for this. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• shigeya
    shigeya
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'm trying (finally...)

• :chuffed: :+1:

• pansophy
    pansophy
    Community Member
    Options

Adding a +1 for wavebox support.

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Tom from Wavebox here. I just want to say a quick thanks to the 1Password team for adding support for Wavebox. If you want to try it, you'll version 8.6.0-68 of the 1Password desktop app. Release notes are here https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/#1password-for-windows-8.6.0-68

:-)

• @Thomas8520

From one Tom to another we're happy to have you along for the journey. Thank you for being so passionate. 🙂

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

This is great! It appears that the beta version for mac also now supports WaveBox. Thanks!

Are there any handwaving/unreliable/not-guaranteed guesstimates for when 1Password 8 will graduate from beta?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hey @alanhoyle, we can't provide any dates, but there should be good news sometime soon!

• TTMS
    TTMS
    Community Member
    Options

I was bummed for so long that this wasn't working properly, Now, I switched to the beta of 1Password 8 for Wavebox support and I must say it's great! I hope 1Password continues to support such initiatives. This is what makes the product better. Can't wait for this to be out of beta!

• Hey @TTMS:

Thanks for your kind words! We're always excited to see that people love what we're doing. 😀

Jack

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 8 is out of beta. Do I still need to use the beta version of the desktop app to use it in Wavebox?

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's still only the beta channel of the 1Password app that supports Wavebox

• SBilo
    SBilo
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for biometrics in WaveBox. I have to type in my password for both my person and work accounts multiple times a day and it's incredibly frustrating. I would love the option to be able to whitelist my browser, especially as it's basically just google chrome.

• Hey @alanhoyle,

Yes, you will still need to be on the beta channel for full integration with Wavebox.

@SBilo, if you would like to try the beta so you can enjoy the integration features, here's how: Use 1Password beta releases.

I hope this helps!

• SirDaxALot
    SirDaxALot
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I am a paying customer for both Wavebox but also 1password Business -- I would then expect a fully working integration between them.
    Please think about the business aspect as well..... !

• cantchooseaname
    cantchooseaname
    Community Member
    Options

+1

We need support for Wavebox already!

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

The Wavebox team are happy to provide anything that the 1Password team needs, but we're just waiting on them.

In the meantime, if you download the beta version of the 1Password desktop app, then the integration should work (https://wavebox.io/kb/1password-extension/)

It's worth noting that even when you use the beta version it periodically changes back to the stable version. 1Password is aware of this (https://1password.community/discussion/comment/656031), but no word on a fix

• bertlamb
    bertlamb
    Community Member
    Options

I would love to have support for Wavebox as a legit app in the 1Password stable releases

• mbdiener
    mbdiener
    Community Member
    Options

Once again I am seeing the issue where the 1Password beta was replaced by production because the production version is newer. Sync between the Windows app and the extension is now broken until a new beta version is released. 1Password - please, please fix this and allow support of Wavebox with the production version . This has been going on since 2021. According to Wavebox comments here and elsewhere, they are happy to work with you on this. From my understanding it requires adding Wavebox to the Prod allow list. Why is this an issue? Wavebox is a Chromium based browser. As you may be able to tell, I’m very frustrated with 1Password for not dealing with this.

• socceric
    socceric
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for wavebox support

• mp2023
    mp2023
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P @steph.giles Any chance to get Wavebox support into stable? See the comment above... it's been so long that this has been in beta, and I'd really want to use Wavebox + 1password in a well supported way. I am paying for both products. NGL this is not cool. Please work together and get it done.

• mp2023
    mp2023
    Community Member
    Options

Note that right now I can't even update to "beta" because the latest production version is newer than the beta version.

This discussion has been closed.