1Password won't let me have two credit cards with Citi

kwalter14
kwalter14
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I input my Citi Mastercard into 1Password first. But now I cannot create a 1Password account for my LLBean card, which is also with Citi. 1Password keeps defaulting to the Mastercard settings.

1Password Version: 2.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.1

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2022

Hi @kwalter14

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble creating a new item for your LLBean card. We'd be happy to help with this. To clarify:

1. Are you creating a 'Credit Card' item (to store the actual credit card details such as number, CVV, expiration, etc) or a 'Login' item (to store the credentials for Citi's website)? It sounds like the former, but I wanted to confirm.
    2. Could you please elaborate on what you mean when you say "1Password keeps defaulting to the Mastercard settings"? Are you saying you're clicking on the button to create a new item and it is pre-filled with your existing card's details?

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• kwalter14
    kwalter14
    Community Member

Just now I got on the LLBean credit card site and the Citi mastercard bubble popped up to autofill log in. I tried having 1Password create a new password for LLBean as a Login rather than Credit Card, logged off, cleared browsing history, and reopened the LLBean credit card page. The Citi mastercard bubble still popped up as the default.

• Gotcha. So this is happening with 1Password in the browser, and you're trying to save a new Login item. I recorded a quick video to talk through this process. You can view the video here:

https://bucket.agilebits.com/ben/20220125pqwfa.mp4

Please let me know how it turns out. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.